You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Constructed Treatment Wetlands - Low Resolution Version (PDF) (2 pp, 269K)
- Constructed Treatment Wetlands - High Resolution Version for printing (PDF) (2 pp, 904K)
- Guiding Principles for Constructed Treatment Wetlands: Providing Water Quality and Wildlife Habitat
- Constructed Wetlands for Wastewater Treatment and Wildlife Habitat: 17 Case Studies (EPA832-R-93-005) This document provides brief descriptions of 17 wetland treatment systems from across the country that are providing significant water quality benefits while demonstrating additional benefits such as wildlife habitat. The projects described include systems involving both constructed and natural wetlands, habitat creation and restoration, and the improvement of municipal effluent, urban stormwater and river water quality.
- Design Manual: Constructed Wetlands Treatment of Municipal Wastewater (PDF) (166 pp, 1.6MB) This document describes using constructed wetlands as a functional part of wastewater management. This document is not intended to be guidance or a support document for a specific regulatory program.
- Handbook of Constructed Wetlands (PDF) (53 pp, 789K) This Handbook has been prepared as a general guide to the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of constructed wetlands for the treatment of domestic wastewater, agricultural wastewater, coal mine drainage, and stormwater runoff in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- Free Water Surface Wetlands for Wastewater Treatment: A Technology Assessment (PDF) (167 pp, 8.4MB) This document assesses the application, performance, and scientific knowledge of free surface water (FWS) wetlands to treat municipal wastewater and to meet other societal and ecological needs.
- Subsurface Flow Constructed Wetlands for Wastewater Treatment: A Technology Assessment (PDF) (87 pp, 586K) This report describes the design, construction and performance of subsurface-flow constructed wetlands as used in the United States for wastewater treatment.
- Constructed Wetlands Bibliography This bibliography was compiled by United States Department of Agriculture Staff from the Ecological Sciences Division of the Natural Resources Conservation Service and the Water Quality Information Center at the National Agricultural Library.
- Constructed Treatment Wetland System Description and Performance Database This web site serves as a access point to a database on constructed treatment wetlands. The treatment wetland database (TWDB) contains system descriptions and performance data for a large number of pilot, and full-scale wetland systems treating a variety of sources, including municipal wastewater, stormwater runoff, industrial wastewater, and agricultural runoff. The database contains the bulk of the entries in the revised EPA sponsored North American Database (NADB Version 2), and data from many additional treatment wetlands. While the emphasis is on constructed wetlands, natural wetlands are also included in the database.
- Constructed Wetlands and Water Quality Improvement Bibliography of 201 citations from the AGRICOLA database; also includes citations related to naturally occurring wetlands and water quality improvement; covers January 1992-September 1996.
- Constructed Wetlands and Water Quality Improvement II Bibliography of 118 citations from the AGRICOLA database; also includes citations related to naturally occurring wetlands and water quality improvement; covers January 1997-June 2000.