Water: Wastewater Management Process
Wastewater in Tribal Communities
EPA's Office of Wastewater Management provides financial, technical and programmatic assistance to help tribal communities achieve adequate wastewater services. This website is ntended for anyone interested in improving wastewater services in tribal communities, including: tribal systems operators, community leaders, non-governmental organizations, other federal agencies and the general public.
What can I find on this website?
The following information and resources are available through this website:
- Basic Information - Overview of the challenges facing tribal communities to attain and maintain wastewater services.
- Grants & Funding - Opportunities available through EPA and other organizations for planning, design and construction of wastewater (and in some cases, drinking water) infrastructure.
- Technical Assistance & Training - Programs offered by EPA and other organizations to provide systems operators, tribal officials and others with technical assistance and training in wastewater management.
- Wastewater Technologies - Information on conventional wastewater systems and alternative technologies that may be appropriate for your community.
- Publications - Published materials developed by EPA and other organizations to help small and tribal communities attain and maintain wastewater services.
- Tools - Developed by EPA and other organizations to assist small and tribal communities with planning, design and construction of appropriate wastewater treatment systems.
- Related Links - Information and resources available through other federal agencies and non-governmental organizations to help tribal communities attain sustainable wastewater infrastructure.