Water: Marine Debris
Assessing and Monitoring Floatable Debris
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
Assessing and Monitoring Floatable Debris is designed to assist states, tribes, and local governments in developing their own assessment and monitoring programs for floatable debris in coastal recreation waters.
This document can be downloaded in PDF format by clicking on the links below.
Full Text (PDF) (57 pp, 2.7MB)
- By Section:
- Cover Page, Table of Contents, Executive Summary (PDF) (11 pp, 14K)
- Section 1: Introduction (PDF) (10 pp, 171K)
- Section 2: Types and Origins of Floatable Debris (PDF) (7 pp, 133K)
- Section 3: Current Floatable Debris Assessment and Monitoring Methodologies (PDF) (11 pp, 184K)
- Section 4: Developing a Floatables Assessment and Monitoring Program (PDF) (6 pp, 128K)
- Section 5: Prevention and Mitigation Activities Associated with Floatable Debris (PDF) (10 pp, 149K)
- References and Additional Resources (PDF) (12 pp, 950K)
Appendix A (PDF) (9 pp, 506K)
Appendix B (PDF) (4 pp, 276K)
Appendix C (PDF) (4 pp, 96K)
Appendix D (PDF) (8 pp, 705K)