Water: Wastewater Technology
OWM provides direct and indirect assistance on municipal wastewater treatment technologies. Direct assistance includes one-on-one consulting about design, operation and maintenance of systems, and the identification and solution of problems. Indirect assistance includes support for regulation development; technical information; and guidance, assessments, evaluation, and cost estimates for the design, construction, and operation and maintenance of municipal wastewater treatment facilities.
Municipal Technologies Quick Links
Areas of expertise include:
HighlightsNutrient Removal Technologies Reference Document - A reference manual on technologies for the removal of nutrients from municipal wastewater. Presents detailed technical and cost information about both biological and physiochemical treatment technologies.
What Can I Find on This Site?
- Technology Fact Sheets - presents technical and cost information to assist in the evaluation of new, innovative and sustainable technologies for the wastewater systems.
- Small community technical assistance
- Use and Disposal of Biosolids (Sewage Sludge)
- The National Environmental Training Center for Small Communities (NETCSC)
- National Small Flows Clearinghouse
- EPA Office of Research and Development
- Environmental Technology Verification Program – This EPA program verifies the performance of innovative technologies that have the potential to improve protection of human health and the environment.
- Technology Transfer – The National Risk Management Research Laboratory (NRMRL) helps inform stakeholders about the latest advancements in risk management approaches and decision options. It conveys this information through technology transfer publications, peer-reviewed journal articles, software tools, brochures, and technical workshops.
- Wet Weather Flow Research
- Water Environment Federation
- Water Environment Research Foundation
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view a number of Adobe PDF documents. Click here to read About Portable Document Format Files.