Water: Use Attainability Analysis
Use Attainability Analyses (UAAs)
Improving water quality starts with water quality standards, and effective water quality standards start with getting the uses right.
- Introduction to UAAs
- What is a UAA & what are the 40 CFR 131.10(g) factors?
- Improving the Effectiveness of the UAA Process [Memo from Office of Science and Technology Director, Ephraim King, March 13, 2006]
- What are some examples of UAAs? Read the Case Studies.
- Follow the Where You Live: Location of Case Studies link to find case studies from selected states.
Follow the links below for historical facts, background materials & helpful information
- Basic Water Quality Standards Information
- If you are not familiar with Designated Uses, you will find background information on EPA's Water Quality Standards site.
- State, Tribal & Territorial Standards
- WQS Academy Training Materials
- Research on Risk, Costs and Benefits