BASINS (Better Assessment Science Integrating point & Non-point Sources)
BASINS is a multi-purpose environmental analysis system that integrates a geographical information system (GIS), national watershed data, and state-of-the-art environmental assessment and modeling tools into one convenient package.
BASINS (Better Assessment Science Integrating point and Nonpoint Sources) is a multipurpose environmental analysis system designed for use by regional, state, and local agencies in performing watershed and water quality-based studies. Update 3 of the BASINS 4.0 software is now available for download. Like previous releases, Update 3 includes within the open-source MapWindow GIS interface, a Data Download Tool, project builder, watershed delineation routines, and data analysis and model output visualization tools. New features in Update 3 include plug-in interfaces for well-known watershed and water quality models SWMM5, WASP7, and SWAT 2005.
- Training—live classes and downloadable lectures and exercises.
- Email listserv acts as a forum for discussion and technical support. Join the Listserv or search the archives.
- Other Tools, Utilities, & Features to be used with basins.
- Metadata describing the content, quality, condition, and other characteristics of environmental data.
- Related Links within and outside EPA.