Water: Watershed Academy
Key EPA Internet Tools for Watershed Management:
A Hands-On Computer Training Course
|Web-Based Training Webcast Seminars Live Training Courses||Publications Academy Highlights Watershed Training Links||Site Map Academy Archives Related Links|
The Key EPA Internet Tools for Watershed Management Course is an introductory course designed to familiarize users with the powerful, online watershed planning and management tools provided by the U.S. EPA. EPA and other federal agency staff, state and local government staff, watershed and water monitoring organizations, and interested citizens will find this training to be useful.
Each course participant gains experience navigating EPA’s tools while working at an individual computer station. The course manual’s screenshots and step-by-step instructions assist participants during the course and help participants continue to learn and share this knowledge after they return to their home or office. These course materials are presented in a readable, section-based format below that can be used by those that have taken the course or by others for self-paced study.
The following EPA Internet tools are covered in this course:
- Watershed Plan Builder Tool
- Watershed Funding Resources
- Watershed Academy
- Surf Your Watershed
- Adopt Your Watershed
- Watershed Central
- Water Quality Standards Database
- Enviromapper for Water
- Ask Waters
- And more!
Listed below are the tutorials used in the training course. Download and use them for self-paced, computer-based training. The Advanced Course is broken into individual sections, so you may choose to do one or several sections. The only requirement is a computer with Internet access.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Key EPA Internet Tools for Watershed Management (PDF) (91 pp, 9.1MB)
- Quicklinks (PDF) (2 pp, 226K)
- Quick Links for the Overview Level Course Tutorial
- Quick Links for the In–Depth Level Course Tutorial
- Chapter 1: Watershed Planning Resources (PDF) (2 pp, 344K)
- Chapter 2: Watershed Funding Resources (PDF) (1 pg, 285K)
- Chapter 3: Watershed Academy (PDF) (1 pg, 295K)
- Chapter 4: Surf Your Watershed (PDF) (2 pp, 273K)
- Chapter 5: Adopt Your Watershed (PDF) (1 pg, 103K)
- Chapter 6: STORET (PDF) (16 pp, 3.2MB)
- Chapter 7: Electronic News and Information (PDF) (2 pp, 281K)
- Chapter 8: ECHO (PDF) (5 pp, 582K)
- Chapter 9: Watershed Central (PDF) (9 pp, 2MB)
- Chapter 10: Water Quality Standards (PDF) (2 pp, 261K)
- Chapter 11: ATTAINS (PDF) (4 pp, 450K)
- Chapter 12: Enviromapper for Water (PDF) (8 pp, 2.4MB)
- Chapter 13: Ask WATERS (PDF) (7 pp, 702K)
- Chapter 14: Useful Web sites (PDF) (12 pp, 1MB)
- Resource Listing (PDF) (11 pp, 439K)