Water: Water Quality Reporting (305b)
National Water Quality Inventory: Report to Congress, 2004 Reporting Cycle
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the Adobe PDF files on this page. See EPA's PDF page for more information about getting and using the free Acrobat Reader.
This Report to Congress summarizes information reported by the states in 2004 describing the condition of their assessed waters, as required under Section 305(b) of the Clean Water Act. It is based on electronic information contained in the ATTAINS Database for the 2004 reporting cycle.
Please note that this report is currently being prepared for printing and is available only on-line at this time.
Fact Sheet (PDF) (2 pp, 74K)
Download the report by sections:
- Cover, Front Matter, Executive Summary (PDF) (11 pp, 920K)
- Background (PDF) (9 pp, 155K)
- Findings (PDF) (15 pp, 324K)
- Probability Surveys of Water Quality (PDF) (14 pp, 1.6MB)
- Future Reporting (PDF) (2 pp, 85K)
- References (PDF) (2 pp, 84K)
- Letter to Speaker of the House Pelosi (PDF) (1 pg, 71K)
- Letter to Senate President Cheney (PDF) (1 pg, 142K)
Download the full report: