Water: Tools and Technical Assistance
Tabletop Exercise Tool for Water Systems: Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Climate Resiliency (TTX Tool) Overview
The PC-based Tabletop Exercise Tool for Water Systems: Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Climate Resiliency (TTX Tool) contains materials that assist those interested in planning and facilitating tabletop exercises that focus on Water Sector-related issues. The TTX Tool expands on the capabilities of the first version of the tool, published in 2005.
The updated TTX Tool contains fifteen scenarios that address an all-hazards approach to emergency preparedness and response, including natural hazards and man-made incidents, as well as introduces users to the potential impacts of climate change on the Water Sector. Each scenario has a fully-customizable Situation Manual, Additional Discussion Questions, and PowerPoint presentation. Users can modify these materials, allowing them to conduct a tabletop exercise to meet their specific needs.
For updated climate change scenarios, download the "Preparing for Extreme Weather Events: Workshop Planner for the Water Sector", from the Tools & Resources tab of the Climate Ready Water Utilities Web site.
Click on the "Register and Download TTX Tool" button below.
If you have any questions or would like to provide feedback, please email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To learn more about the TTX Tool, please view the following fact sheet:
- TTX Tool Webinar 1: May 26, 2011 (Flash) (805MB, Please allow sufficient time for video to load)
- TTX Tool Webinar 2: June 2, 2011 (Flash) (2GB, Please allow sufficient time for video to load)
- Want print ready copies of these training materials? Send us an email (email@example.com)
System RequirementsTo run the TTX Tool, the following minimum system hardware and software requirements must be met:
- IBM PC compatible processor
- CD-ROM drive
- 128MB of RAM
- 250MB of available Hard Disk Space
- Microsoft® Windows 2000, Microsoft® Windows XP SP3, or Microsoft® Windows 7
- 1024 x 768 pixels minimum screen resolution
- Microsoft® Word 2003 and Excel 2003 or later (necessary to view documents)
Note: It is highly recommended that users go to the Microsoft website and download the most current updates for their operating system.