Water: Cross Connection Control
Cross Connection Control Manual
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
Cross Connection Control Manual Download Entire Manual (PDF) (52 pp, 2M)
This document is also broken up into several PDFs for your convenience. Below are links to the chapters themselves.
- Cover & Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 - Purpose & Scope
- Chapter 2 - Public Health Significance of Cross-Connections
- Chapter 3 - Theory of Backflow and Backsiphonage
- Chapter 4 - Methods and Devices for the Prevention of Backflow and Backsiphonage
- Chapter 5 - Testing Procedures for Backflow Preventers
- Chapter 6 - Administration of a Cross-Connection Control Program
- Chapter 7 - Cross-Connection Control Ordinance Provisions
(1 pp., 58 K)
Cross Connection Control Fact Sheet
Cross-Connection Control: A Best Practices Guide (PDF) (4 pp, 177K)
Tips for detecting and responding effectively to a backflow event and information on helpful technology.