Water: Beach Grants
Other Beaches Links
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
BEACH Act grants are awarded to eligible coastal and Great Lakes states, territories, and tribes to develop and implement beach monitoring and notification programs.
2014 Beach Grants
In fiscal year 2014, EPA expects to award $9,549,000 in grants to eligible states and tribes for the beach program. Since 2001, EPA has made available nearly $130 million in grants to eligible states and tribes.
2013 Beach Grants
In fiscal year 2013, EPA awarded $9,349,000 in grants to eligible states and tribes for the beach program.
- 2013 Awarded Grant Totals by Region and State (PDF) (1 pg, 110K)
2012 Beach Grants
- Press Release (January 31, 2012)
- Fact Sheet (PDF) (2 pp, 52K) - contains a state-by-state breakdown of the expected 2012 allocation
- Federal Register Notice | Print Version (PDF) (5 pp, 168K) (February 6, 2012)
Information Collection Request on Grant Reporting Requirements
The EPA is requesting comment on its proposed renewal of the reporting requirements for the BEACH Act Grants Information Collection Request (ICR). As a grant condition, grant recipients are required to collect and submit beach monitoring and notification information to the EPA. Collection of this information allows the EPA to evaluate the extent to which grant recipients fulfill the requirements of the BEACH Act.
- Information Collection Request; Reporting Requirements for BEACH Act Grants (Renewal) | Print Version (PDF) (2 pp, 153K) (January 23, 2012)
Grant Allocation Formula
In 2010, EPA put into place changes to the grant allocation formula it uses to award implementation grants under the Beach Act. EPA first announced those changes in 2008.
- Expected Changes to Grant Allocation Formula (August 13, 2008)
- Federal Register Notice of Expected Changes (August 13, 2008)