Water: Watershed Central
Watershed Central has been designed to assist users to develop and implement effective watershed management programs. The site includes guidance, tools, case studies, and data sets to help you share information, analyze data, and identify opportunities to initiate or strengthen your watershed efforts.
Watershed Central is meant for sharing information and resources among:
- Local watershed groups
- Regulated wastewater and runoff sources
- Offices in federal agencies, such as EPA, NOAA, Department of Interior, USDA, and the Army Corps of Engineers
- EPA Regional Offices and states, tribes, and local governments
- And the interested public.
Watershed Central includes a feature called a wiki, which is web site that allows the user to submit and edit content so that the information is constantly updated by the watershed community (just like Wikipedia). The wiki includes case studies, information on watershed organizations and various watershed management tools.
Please submit your content (case studies, watershed management plans, best management practices, tools, lessons learned, and success stories) by registering to be a Wiki editor.
Also please join our wiki to see what others have contributed and submit content that way yourself: WATERSHED CENTRAL WIKI.
Submitted content will be reviewed each week and edited as necessary by wiki managers (Gardeners).
The wiki contains the following information:
- Tools, models, and other resources for every step in the watershed management process
- Partners! Articles on other watershed organizations & their lessons learned
- Map locations for watershed research centers, watershed organizations, and local data sources around the country
- Spatial Data! Land use, impaired streams, water quality monitoring station locations and information, permitted facility locations, watershed boundaries, and much more
- Events Calendar for workshops and training around the country
- Information resources on regulations, guidance, funding sources
For comments, questions, or other assistance please email us at email@example.com.