Water: Estuaries and Coastal Watersheds
Videos, Virtual Tours, and Photos from the National Estuary Programs
This page provides links to non-EPA web sites that provide additional information about estuaries. You will leave the EPA.gov domain and enter another page with more information. EPA cannot attest to the accuracy of information on that non-EPA page. Providing links to a non-EPA Web site is not an endorsement of the other site or the information it contains by EPA or any of its employees. Also, be aware that the privacy protection provided on the EPA.gov domain (see Privacy and Security Notice) may not be available at the external link.
Some features of this site require the latest version of video players such as Flash Player, Windows Media Player, and Quicktime. Download a free copy of these players at About Helper Software
Take a virtual tour to some of our National Estuary Programs (NEPs)! See what their estuaries look like as you kayak or fly overhead. Discover the challenges they are facing and solutions they have proposed or developed. Find out why estuaries are so vital and important to our lives.
Barataria–Terrebonne National Estuary Program
- Barataria-Terrebonne Video Gallery — View videos online or request DVD copies.
Barnegat Bay National Estuary Program
- Barnegat Bay Video Gallery (Flash) — Learn about the NEP's efforts to protect and restore the bay.
Casco Bay Estuary Partnership
Charlotte Harbor National Estuary Program
- The Network of an Estuary: Charlotte Harbor National Estuary Program (Flash) — Understand the value of Charlotte Harbor, the importance of the NEP and issues of concern and actions undertaken by the Program's partners.
- Boating and Seagrasses, 8 minutes, 2006 (Flash)
- Where the Rivers meet the Sea: 1. Estuaries (Flash) (General Charlotte Harbor)
- Where the Rivers meet the Sea: 2. Watersheds (Flash) (Stormwater runoff)
- Where the Rivers meet the Sea: 3. Animals (Flash)
- Where the Rivers meet the Sea: 4. Seagrasses (Flash) (Minimize damage from boating)
- Where the Rivers meet the Sea: 5. Mangroves (Flash)
Partnership for the Delaware Estuary
- Delaware Bay Oyster Restoration (Flash) — A brief history of Delaware Bay oysters; from their heyday in the 1800s and early 1900s, to modern-day restoration that is crucial to their survival.
Delaware Center for the Inland Bays
- Delaware Inland Bays Video Gallery (Flash) — View life in and around Indian River Bay and Little Assawoman Bay.
Galveston Bay Estuary Program
- "A Day on Galveston Bay" (Windows Media Player) — Visit Galveston Bay and learn about the efforts of the NEP.
Long Island Sound Study
Mobile Bay National Estuary Program
Sarasota Bay Estuary Program
- Our Vision, "Sarasota Bay: Celebrating Our Water Heritage" (Flash) — Visit the waters of Sarasota Bay and learn about the restoration and recovery of the ecosystem.
Tillamook Estuaries Partnership
- TEP Area Profile: Aerial Tour (QuickTime) — Fly overhear and learn more about the Tillamook estuary.