Water: Class V Wells
Class V Publications
This page contains links to publications about the UIC Class V program and Class V wells. Click on the icons below to link to various types of materials.
- Compliance Assistance
- Fact Sheets
- Regulatory Documents
- Technical Materials
- Does Your Facility Generate Automotive Service Wastes? (PDF) (2 pp, 231K)
- Does your Facility Generate Industrial Wastewaters? (PDF) (2 pp, 260K)
- The Well Types page contains links to fact sheets on 22 types of Class V wells.
- Visit the Guidance page to view guidance documents to assist Class V well operators and regulatory agencies.
- Visit the Class V Rule page for publications related to the 1999 rulemaking.
- Visit the Final Determination page for publications related to EPA’s determination that existing UIC regulations are adequate to prevent contamination of drinking water sources.
- The Class V Underground Injection Control Study page contains links to EPA’s 23-volume study of the various types of Class V wells.
- Executive Summary of the 1987 Report to Congress: Class V Injection Wells; Current Inventory; Effects on Ground Water; Technical Recommendations (PDF) (38 pp, 2M)
- UIC Class V Inventory and Assessment. Final report (PDF) (3 pp, 139K)
- Classification of Heating/Air Conditioning Return Flow Systems-UIC Well Classification Advisory # 6 (PDF) (4 pp, 249K)
- National UIC Technical Workgroup Assistance for Directing the Class V Study on Type 5X14, Type 5X15, and Type 5X16 Injection Wells National UIC Technical Workgroup Final Work Product #3
- The page on Videos about Class V Wells has information on two EPA videos about shallow disposal systems.