Water: Class V Wells
Class V Wells Guidance
Visit the UIC Guidance page for additional materials about the UIC Program.
EPA developed guidance documents to help owners and operators as well as regulatory agencies comply with the requirements for Class V wells. Links to Portable Document Format (PDF) versions of each guidance document are provided below. To order a copy of any of these documents, please call the Safe Drinking Water Hotline at (800)426-4791.
Guidance for Operators
- Small Entity Compliance Guide - How the New Motor Vehicle Waste Disposal Well Rule Affects Your Business (PDF) (33 pp, 400K, About PDF)
Guidance Documents for Regulators
- State Implementation Guide: Revisions to the Underground Injection Control Regulations for Class V Injection Wells (PDF) (51 pp, 407K, About PDF)
- State Implementation Guide: Revisions to the Underground Injection Control Regulations for Class V Injection Wells - Appendices (PDF) (89 pp, 3M, About PDF)
- Technical Assistance Document for Delineating "Other Sensitive Ground Water Areas" (PDF) (24 pp, 194K, About PDF)
- When are Storm Water Discharges Regulated as Class V Wells? (PDF) (2 pp, 798K, About PDF)
- When Is A Septic System Regulated as a Class V Well? (PDF) (4 pp, 1M, About PDF)
- Conversion of a Motor Vehicle Waste Disposal Well - A UIC Director's Guide (PDF) (23 pp, 987K, About PDF)
- Identifying and Prioritizing Enforcement Cases at Class V Wells and Available Enforcement Options - UIC Program Guidance 62 (PDF) (10 pp, 644K, About PDF