Water: Pulp & Paper
Effluent Guidelines: Pulp and Paper Rulemaking Actions - Regulatory Information
On April 15, 1998, EPA published the following actions for reducing releases of toxic pollutants from pulp, paper, and paperboard mills. On August 7, 1998, EPA published a notice to correct minor errors contained in the April 15, 1998 Final Rule. On July 7, 1998, EPA published an amendment to the Final Cluster Rule adding the milestones plan requirements.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Technical Amendment to the Final Cluster Rule for the Bleached Papergrade Kraft and Soda Subcategory of the Pulp, Paper, and Paperboard Point Source Category . (September 19, 2002) Fact Sheet
- Amendment to the Final Cluster Rule for the Pulp, Paper, and Paperboard Point Source Category: Milestones Plan for the Voluntary Incentives Program. EPA is amending 40 CFR 430 by adding the Milestones Plan, which will provide interim requirements at those mills that enroll in an advanced technology program.
- Final Pulp and Paper Cluster Rule protects human health and the environment by reducing toxic pollutant releases to the air and water. It also establishes a Voluntary Advanced Technology Incentives Program to encourage mills to go beyond baseline water limits.
- Proposed Pulp and Paper Air Rule controls air emissions of toxic air pollutants from the chemical recovery area of pulp, paper, and paperboard mills.
- Information Collection Activities requests comments on the recordkeeping and reporting burden associated with the requirements for the bleached papergrade kraft (BPK) and papergrade sulfite (PGS) subcategories.
The water record is available in the Water Docket at U.S. EPA Headquarters in Washington, D.C. The telephone number for the Water Docket is 202-260-3027. The air record is available in the Air and Radiation Docket at U.S. EPA Headquarters in Washington, D.C. The telephone number for the Air and Radiation Docket is 202-260-7549.