Water: Oil & Gas Extraction
Questionnaires for the Coalbed Methane Extraction Industry
In 2009 EPA collected data from the coalbed methane (CBM) extraction industry using two instruments: a screener questionnaire and a detailed questionnaire. The screener questionnaire focused on identifying CBM projects, which are the critical business units within the CBM industry that cannot be identified using publicly available information. A project is defined as a well, group of wells, lease, group of leases, or some other recognized unit that is operated as an economic unit when making production decisions. The detailed questionnaire focused on obtaining detailed data at the project level. EPA received approval for the Coalbed Methane Extraction Sector Survey on February 18, 2009, from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB Control No. 2040-0279). EPA is using the survey responses in its rulemaking to address discharges from unconventional extraction in the oil and gas industry.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
The following forms are provided as a reference.
- Coalbed Methane Screener Survey
- Blank Version of the Screener Questionnaire (PDF) (4 pp, 58K)
- Instruction Guide for the Screener Questionnaire (PDF) (5 pp, 43K)
- Frequently Asked Questions for the Screener Questionnaire (PDF) (13 pp, 38K)
- Coalbed Methane Detailed Survey
- Blank Version of the Detailed Questionnaire (PDF) (86 pp, 484K)
- Instruction Guide for the Detailed Questionnaire (Word) (5 pp, 73K)
- Frequently Asked Questions for the Detailed Questionnaire (PDF) (30 pp, 141K)
To obtain more information on the rulemaking please contact Lisa Biddle, (email@example.com) at 202-566-0350.