Water: State, Tribal & Territorial Standards
Repository of Documents: West Virginia
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Requirements Governing Water Quality Standards (Title 47 Legislative Rule, Series 2) (PDF) (52 pp, 288K)
- (Effective December 16, 2011) Requirements governing water quality standards for the state of West Virginia. Note: Section 8.3.a.3 has not been approved and is not in effect for Clean Water Act Purposes.
- Procedural Rules Governing Site-Specific Revisions to Water Quality Standards (Title 46 Procedural Rules Environmental Quality Board, Series 6) (PDF) (9 pp, 666K)
- This series establishes procedures which govern the promulgation of legislative rules by the Environmental Quality Board and establishes procedures to be followed by the Board in removing designated uses, granting variances from water quality standards, granting variances for remaining activities, and establishing site-specific numeric criteria.
- Designation of Tier 3 Waters (Title 47 Interpretive Rule, Series 2A) (PDF) (3 pp, 131K)
- Antidegradation Implementation Procedures (Title 60 Legislative Rule, Series 5) (PDF) (13 pp, 601K)
- Water Quality Standards/Mixing Zones Implementation Guidance (PDF) (16 pp, 1.6MB)
- This document contains guidance for West Virginia National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit writers to use in the development of water quality-based effluent limitations for toxic pollutants.