Water: State, Tribal & Territorial Standards
Repository of Documents: Utah
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Standards of Quality For Waters of the State (2012) (PDF) (69 pp, 294K)
- (Effective November 20, 2012) State regulation establishing water quality standards for surface waters of the state.
- Utah Division of Water Quality — Mixing Zone Implementation Procedure (PDF) (11 pp, 40K)
- Water Quality Standards for Salinity — Colorado River System, June 1999 (PDF) (109 pp, 7.2MB)
- Water Quality Standards for Salinity — Colorado River System, October 1999 (PDF) (49 pp, 2.8MB)
Utah's water quality standards are applicable to "waters of the State". In some limited instances, the definition adopted by Utah for "waters of the State" as part of its water quality standards may result in water quality standards that are more comprehensive than required under section 303(c) of the Clean Water Act and the implementing federal regulations. EPA has included the State's water quality standards in their entirety here for context and as supplementary information for the reader.
Utah water quality standards apply to all waters within the State of Utah, with the exception of those waters that are within Indian Country, as defined in 18 U.S.C. Section 1151. EPA's approval of Utah's water quality standards was not intended as an action to approve or disapprove water quality standards applying to waters within Indian Country. EPA, or eligible Indian Tribes, as appropriate, will retain responsibilities for water quality standards within Indian Country.