Water: State, Tribal & Territorial Standards
Repository of Documents: Rhode Island
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Water Quality Regulations (PDF) (149 pp, 1.6MB)
- (Effective July 15, 2010) These regulations establish water quality standards for the State's surface waters.
- Combined Sewer Overflow Policy (PDF) (27 pp, 1.6MB)
- This policy contains requirements and treatment technology standards to assure water quality standards are met for waters receiving combined sewer overflows.
- Federal Regulations, 40 CFR 131.41
- (Effective December 16, 2004) Federal regulations establishing bacteria criteria for coastal and Great Lakes waters. This regulation is also known as the Beach Rule.
- Federal Regulations, 40 CFR 131.36
- Toxics criteria for those states not complying with Clean Water Act section 303(c)(2)(B). This federal regulation establishes water quality criteria for certain toxic pollutants. The regulation is also known as the National Toxics Rule. The federal regulations include EPA's recent removal of Rhode Island from the National Toxics Rule for certain federally promulgated water quality criteria. For more information on this action see 65 Federal Register 19659, April 12, 2000.