Water: State, Tribal & Territorial Standards
Repository of Documents: Puerto Rico
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Puerto Rico Water Quality Standards Regulation (PDF) (96 pp, 2.4MB)
- (Effective September 16, 2014)
- Federal Regulations 40 CFR 131.42
- (Effective January 11, 2008) Federal Regulations establishing methods to implement Puerto Rico's antidegradation policy.
- Federal Regulations, 40 CFR 131.41
- (Effective December 16, 2004) Federal regulations establishing bacteria criteria for coastal and Great Lakes waters. This regulation is also known as the Beach Rule.
- Federal Regulations 40 CFR 131.40
- (Effective March 26, 2004) Establishes a primary contact recreation designated use and associated water quality criteria for 6 waterbodies and an area of coastal waters known as the "coastal ring."
- Federal Regulations, 40 CFR 131.36
- (Effective April 12, 2000) Toxics criteria for those states not complying with Clean Water Act section 303(c)(2)(B). This federal regulation establishes water quality criteria for certain toxic pollutants. The regulation is also known as the National Toxics Rule.