Water: State, Tribal & Territorial Standards
Repository of Documents: New Hampshire
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Title 50, Water Management And Protection, Chapter 485A, Water Pollution and Waste Disposal Section 485-A:1 (PDF) (12 pp, 1.3MB)
- State statute addressing protection of water supplies, prevention of pollution in surface and ground waters of the state, and prevention of nuisances and public health hazards.
- Note: This statute contains additional provisions related to groundwater that are outside the scope of the Clean Water Act and the implementing federal regulations, but is included here as supplementary information.
- Surface Water Quality Regulations, Chapter 1700 (PDF) (47 pp, 497K)
- (Effective February 13, 2015) State regulation establishing water quality standards for the state's surface waters. Please note that not all sections are approved for Clean Water Act purposes; please refer to cover letter for details.
- Class A Surface Waters in New Hampshire (PDF) (15 pp, 1.5MB)
- This document provides a listing of the Class A surface waters.