Water: State, Tribal & Territorial Standards
Repository of Documents: Massachusetts
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Massachusetts Surface Water Quality Standards (2006) (PDF) (19 pp, 396K)
- (Effective September 19, 2007) Surface water quality standards for the state of Massachusetts. Please note that not all parts of this document are effective for Clean Water Act purposes. See cover pages for more info.
- Massachusetts Surface Water Quality Standards: Figures and Tables (2006) (PDF) (96 pp, 7.2MB)
- (Effective September 19, 2007) Figures and tables that accompany the Massachusetts surface water quality standards.
- Antidegradation Review Procedure for Discharge Requiring a Permit Under 413 CMR 3.03 (1993) (PDF) (11 pp, 1MB)
- Massachusetts Surface Water Quality Standards Implementation Policy for Mixing Zones (1993) (PDF) (8 pp, 607K)
- Massachusetts Water Quality Standards Implementation Policy for the Control of Toxic Pollutants in Surface Waters (1980) (PDF) (13 pp, 1MB)
- Federal Regulations, 40 CFR 131.41
- (Effective December 16, 2004) Federal regulations establishing bacteria criteria for coastal and Great Lakes waters. This regulation is also known as the Beach Rule.
- Final Variance for the MWRA CSO Control Plan in the Charles River Basin (10/1/2010) (PDF) (11 pp, 498K)
- Final Variance for CSO Discharges to the Alewife/Upper Mystic Basin (9/1/2010) (PDF) (12 pp, 669K)
Combined Sewer Overflows and Wet Weather
- Final Administrative Determinations for CSO-Impacted Waters Within the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA) Sewer Service Area (1997) (PDF) (5 pp, 466K)
- The document identifies the water quality classifications that apply to CSO-impacted waters.
- Policy for Abatement of Pollution From Combined Sewer Overflows (1997) (PDF) (10 pp, 941K)
- Stormwater Management, Volume One: Stormwater Technical Handbook (1997) (PDF) (54 pp, 5.2MB)
- Stormwater Management, Volume Two: Stormwater Technical Handbook (1997) (PDF) (180 pp, 15MB)