Water: State, Tribal & Territorial Standards
Repository of Documents: Indiana
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Article 2. Water Quality Standards (PDF) (136 pp, 1.1MB)
- (Effective March 11, 2013) Document contains water quality standards for all State waters. Note: EPA disapproved variance provisions contained at 327 IAD 2-1.5-17(b), 327 IAD 5-3-4.1(b)(1), and provisions for determining reasonable potential for whole effluent toxicity at 327 IAC 5-2-11.5(c)(1). Pursuant to the Great Lakes Guidance contained at 40 CFR 132, these provisions are replaced by federal provisions contained at 40 CFR 132, Appendix F, Procedure II, Section C, paragraph 1; 40 CFR 132, Appendix F, Procedure 5, Section F, paragraph 2; and 40 CFR 132, Appendix F, Procedure 6, Section C, paragraph 1 and Section D apply respectively.
- Article 2, Rule 1.3 Antidegradation Standards and Implementation Procedures (PDF) (33 pp, 96K)
- (Effective September 27, 2012) Document contains Indiana’s antidegradation standards and implementation procedures.
- Article 5. 327 IAC 5-3.5. Streamlined Mercury Variance Requirements and Application Process (PDF) (6 pp, 142K)
- (Effective December 20, 2005) Section 327 IAC 5-3.5 was added to establish a process and application requirements for obtaining a variance from the existing water quality criterion used to establish a water quality-based effluent limitation for mercury in wastewater discharges permitted under the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) program.
- Federal Regulations, 40 CFR 132, Appendix F
- (Effective July 1, 2000) Great Lakes Water Quality Initiative Implementation Procedures.