Aquatic Life Criteria - Copper
EPA issued a revised national recommended freshwater aquatic life criterion for copper (Aquatic Life Ambient Freshwater Quality Criteria—Copper 2007 Revision). As a companion to the criteria document, EPA has also released documents to supplement training materials and help states, tribes, permittees, and other interested stakeholders on implementing the nationally recommended criteria.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Aquatic Life Ambient Freshwater Quality Criteria—Copper 2007 Revision (February 22, 2007)
- Fact Sheet (February 22, 2007)
- Federal Register Notice (February 22, 2007) | Print Version (PDF) (3 pp, 88K)
- Supplementary Training Materials about the Ambient Water Quality Criteria for Copper
- Supplementary information relevant to assessing data needed for inputs to the BLM (PDF) (6 pp, 192K). Note: This does not replace EPA's guidance materials on implementing the BLM.
- 2003 Update of Ambient Water Quality Criteria for Copper
- Document: Streamlined Water-Effect Ratio Procedure for Discharges of Copper (PDF) (41 pp, 118K) (March 2001)
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.