Water: Fish & Shellfish
You are here: WaterScience & TechnologySurface Water Standards & GuidanceFish & ShellfishActions You Can Take
Actions You Can Take
How to Help Your Watershed
- Become a volunteer water monitor
Help protect our Nation's water resources by becoming a volunteer monitor.
- Do's and don'ts around the home
This report gives some tips on what you can do at home to help protect surface waters from nonpoint source pollution.
- Consider Alternatives to Lead Fishing Sinkers
Lead fishing sinkers can be harmful to certain types of wildlife, and to you and your family if you manufacture lead sinkers at home. These articles provide some tips on what you can do to protect yourself and the aquatic resources you enjoy from problems associated with the manufacturing and use of lead sinkers.
- Opportunities for you to prevent polluted runoff
Find out what you can do to combat the nation's leading cause of water pollution.
- Preventing pollution at marinas
Find out about the economic benefits that marina managers can achieve by preventing pollution at their marinas.
- EPA links for concerned citizens
- Find a local organization working to protect your watershed