Water: Fish & Shellfish
You are here: WaterScience & TechnologySurface Water Standards & GuidanceFish & ShellfishAbout EPA and Anglers
About EPA and Anglers
- EPA wants to provide anglers with information on the condition of our nation's waters, activities that anglers and their families can undertake to improve the health of our valued fisheries, and information on EPA's role in protecting recreational fisheries.
- The mission of EPA's Office of Water is to support a variety of activities and programs to further the Clean Water Act's goal of the restoration and maintenance of the "chemical, physical, and biological integrity of the nation's waters," which is so vital to the health of our fisheries and the enjoyment of the U.S.'s 35 million anglers. We work cooperatively with many partners to achieve this goal, particularly by building the capacity of states, local governments and Tribes to manage their own water programs. The following documents describe EPA's efforts to implement the Executive Order on Recreational Fisheries, and outline yearly accomplishments on the path to achieving our goals.
- Executive Order 12962: Recreational Fisheries
- EPA's Recreational Fisheries Conservation Plan
- EPA's Recreational Fisheries Accomplishments for 1999
- EPA's Recreational Fisheries Accomplishments for 1998
- Sport Fishing in America: EPA Makes a Difference in FY97
- The highlights of Sport Fishing in America: EPA Makes a Difference in FY97
- EPA's Recreational Fisheries Accomplishments for 1996