Viewing WATERS Data using Google Earth
The WATERS KMZ file is a compressed Keyhole Markup Language (KML) that provide easy access to geospatial WATERS data and services. The current release of the KMZ files require the use of Google Earth version 5.0 or higher.
To get started using the WATERSKMZ tool visit the WATERSKMZ tutorial.
|Vector||WATERS Data v1.6.kmz
|Access to framework geospatial datasets stored in the WATERS Database, such as NHDPlus, Water Program Features indexed to NHDPlus and to general purpose services |
|Dialog boxes providing access to tools, services, and information, such as NHDPlus feature name query, up/downstream navigation, watershed reports, ATTAINS reports, etc.|
|Access to indexed water program features, with hyperlinks to additional attributes, and context sensitive analysis services, such as up/downstream navigation and watershed reports|
|Full descriptive legend showing layer symbology|
|Integrated information frame for analysis results|
- NHDPlus v2.1 Features
- NHDPlus v2.1 Simplified Catchments
- NHDPlus v2.1 Watershed Boundary Dataset (WBD)
- Indexed Water Program Features (Reach Address Database)
- 303(d) Listed Impaired Waters
- 305(b) Assessed Waters
- Clean Watersheds Needs Survey
- Facilities that Discharge to Water
- Fish Consumption Advisories
- Fish Tissue Data
- TMDLs on Impaired Waters
- Monitoring Locations
- Nonpoint Source Projects
- Some tools and reports are only available for certain features types (points, lines, areas). i.e. The Upstream Downstream Tool is only available for line features.
|Type||Hyperlinks to metadata|
- The KMZ files are designed to work in version 5.0 or higher of Google Earth.
- KMZ file updated to use new mapping server. This is a breaking change, users will need to download a new version of the KMZ files to use the tool.
- Removed references to decommissioned services and datasets.
- KMZ files updated to use new mapping server. This is a breaking change, users will need to download a new version of the KMZ files to use the tool.
- Removed Water Quality Standards program from KMZ.
- Added STORET Monitoring Locations to both versions of the WATERSKMZ.
- Added STORET Monitoring Locations to the Upstream-Downstream Search tool.
- Added TMDLs on Impaired Waters to KMZ.
- Updated Water Program Features names to match Vector version.
- Simplified terminology and structure.
- Symbology integrated into MyPlaces pane.
- Miscellaneous bubble improvements.
- KMZ files now require Google Earth 5.0 or higher.
- The terminology used in the KMZ files was simplified.
- The KMZ service tools were simplified.
- A new Surfacewater Features legend was added.
- Initial release of both Vector and Raster based KMZ files