There is a wealth of information about Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDL) and water quality models on the web. You may use EPA's search tool above to find some of them. We have provided a selection of a few below.
- AQUATOX—a simulation model for aquatic systems
- CORMIX Water Quality Model for Mixing Zones
- EPA's TMDL Web site
- Surf Your Watershed to find environmental data for your watershed.
- EPA Water Web site—More information on other water programs.
- TMDL tools from EPA Region 4 available to our partner states, tribes, and other interested parties.
- Center for Exposure Assessment Modeling (CREM) distributes environmental simulation models and databases.
- CREM Models Knowledge Base
- Envirofacts—A single point of access to select EPA data.
- Environmental Information Management System has information about metadata and geospatial data available from EPA and other sources.
- Soil & Water Assessment Tool —Predict the effect of management decisions on water, sediment, nutrient and pesticide yields with reasonable accuracy on large, ungaged river basins.
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) Stream Gage Data by state
- WATERBASE Project —a predictive modelling and decision support tool for water management. This tool contains Mapwindow plugins for MWSWAT and MWAGNPS models.