EPA Supporting Documentation
Table of Contents
- What's new in Release 3.1?
- Basic Information
- What does AQUATOX do?
- Training - classes and downloadable presentation materials
- Frequently Asked Questions
- AQUATOX Email Listserver
- Publications About or Referencing AQUATOX
- EPA Supporting Documentation
- Download the model
- Data sources
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
The User's Manual (PDF) (109 pp, 2.9MB) guides you through the use and operations of the various model capabilities, describes the model structure, and provides example applications. This file may also be accessed when running AQUATOX by using the AQUATOX help menu or by pressing the “help” button available on most screens.
The Technical Documentation (PDF) (350 pp, 6.7MB) presents a detailed description of the model structure and documentation of 452 component equations in Release 3.1.
AQUATOX Release 2.1 Users' Manual for the Extension to BASINS
The BASINS Extension Users' Manual (PDF) (50 pp, 2.8MB) guides you through the use and operation of the link to the BASINS GIS and watershed modeling system, including the enhancements made in Release 2.1. Note: the linkage operates in essentially the same manner under Release 3.1 as Release 2.1
Model Validation Reports
Note: these reports are from Release 1 and 1.1. They have not been re-done using the Release 3.1 code, so the model results would be somewhat different. The overall results and conclusions should still be valid.
- Nutrient analysis on the Onondaga Lake, New York (PDF) (16 pp, 686K)
- Nutrient analysis of the Coralville Reservoir, Iowa (PDF) (10 pp, 461K)
- Bioaccumulation of PCBs in Lake Ontario (PDF) (38 pp, 1.9MB)
- Download the entire document (PDF) (69 pp, 3MB)
- Report on the periphyton simulation and validation (PDF) (41 pp, 630K)
EPA performed a structured sensitivity analysis of AQUATOX. This analysis identified the model parameters that cause the most sensitivity in model output.
- Sensitivity Analysis of AQUATOX (PDF) (115 pp, 2MB)
- AQUATOX Technical Note 1: A Calibrated Parameter Set for Simulation of Algae in Shallow Rivers (PDF) (19 pp, 1.9MB)
- AQUATOX Technical Note 2: Requirements, Sources, and Conditioning of Data for AQUATOX (PDF) (51 pp, 2.8MB)
- AQUATOX Technical Note 3: Modeling Water Flows with AQUATOX Release 3 (PDF) (35 pp, 1.6MB)