Water: Climate Change and Water
Climate Change and Water E-Newsletter
The EPA Climate Change and Water E-Newsletter features news and information about EPA and other federal activities related to climate change and water. Partner activities, as well as related events and publications, are also included. The climate change and water e-newsletter is sent out every two weeks to subscribers. Several past issues of the climate change and water e-newsletter are provided below.
To subscribe to the EPA Climate Change and Water E-Newsletter:
Send a blank email to email@example.com.
To submit an item for the EPA Climate Change and Water E-newsletter or contact us with questions:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Climate Change and Water E-Newsletter ArchiveApril 26, 2013 Issue (PDF) (4 pp, 49K, About PDF)
- EPA Climate Ready Water Utilities Initiative Announces Two Upcoming Webinars
- EPA and Partners Host Workshop on Lessons Learned from Six Case Studies Focusing on Water Resource Adaptation Strategies and Information Needs in Response to Extreme Events
- EPA Announces Winners from Rainworks Challenge Competition
- NOAA Updates Sea Level Rise and Coastal Flooding Impacts Viewer to Include MD, NJ, and VA
- White House Honors Champions of Change: Community Resilient Leaders
- Institute for Sustainable Communities' Climate Leadership Academy Announces Workshop on Adaptive Water Resource Management and Infrastructure on June 24-26 in Philadelphia, PA
- Green Roofs for Healthy Cities Announces Conference on the Economics of Green Infrastructure in Toronto, Canada on May 21-22, 2013
- Report Releases on the State of Adaptation in the United States
- Western Water Assessment Releases Two Climate Change Decision Support Resources and Tools
- Georgetown Climate Center Makes Recent Webinar on "Living Shorelines: Barriers and Opportunities" Available Online
- Massachusetts Institute for Technology Center for Collective Intelligence Announces Contest for Innovative Approaches to Climate Change
- EPA State and Local Climate and Energy Program to Hold Webcast on "Overcoming the Uncertainty Barrier to Adaptation" on April 17, 2013
- EPA to Host Conference on Water Sector Impacts from Extreme Weather Events and Climate Change: May 9-10 in Laurel, MD
- EPA Survey Finds More than Half of the Nation's River and Stream Miles in Poor Condition
- NOAA National Climatic Data Center Launches Pacific Islands Climate Information Website
- NOAA Releases Activity Book - "Discover Your Changing World with NOAA"
- National Center for Atmospheric Research Releases Online Climate Data Guide
- Manual Released on Best Practices for Development in Coastal Louisiana
- Survey By Stanford University Institute Finds Americans Back Preparation for Extreme Weather and Sea-Level Rise
- Carpe Diem West Releases Report: "New Visions, Smart Choices - Western Water Security in a Changing Climate"
- EBM Tools Network Releases Free Guide to Coastal Climate Planning Tools
- Conference on "Understanding Sea Level Rise in the Face of Extreme Events and an Uncertain Economy" to be Held in Fort Lauderdale, FL on June 18-20, 2013
March 28, 2013 Issue (PDF) (6pp, 63K, About PDF)
- EPA National Water Program Releases "2012 Highlights of Progress: Responses to Climate Change"
- EPA's Climate Ready Water Utilities' Adaptation Strategies Guide Updated with Sustainability Information
- Regional Climate Scenarios and Projections of Sea Level Rise - Webinar Files Posted Online
- EPA Announces Funding Opportunity on Science for Sustainable and Healthy Tribes - Applications due June 25, 2013
- Obama Administration Releases Updated Principles and Guidelines for Federal Investments in Water Resources (Including Climate Change Section)
- President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology Release Six-Point Strategy on Areas of Focus for White House on Climate Change
- National Fish, Wildlife, and Plant Climate Change Adaptation Strategy Released
- NOAA Announces Funding for Sea Grant Community Climate Adaptation Initiative 2013 - Applications due April 19, 2013
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Releases Climate Change Adaptation Plan
- NOAA Climate Program Office Announces Funding Opportunity - Applications due April 8, 2013
- Washington D.C. Department of Transportation (DDOT) Releases Draft Low Impact Development and Green Infrastructure Design Standards for Comment
- Nature Conservancy, Natural Resources Defense Council, and EKO Asset Management Partners Release Report: "Creating Clean Water Cash Flows"
- University of Delaware Magazine Publishes Issue on Sea Level Rise
March 14, 2013 Issue (PDF) (4 pp, 51K, About PDF)
- EPA Releases Draft Report "Watershed Modeling to Assess the Sensitivity of Streamflow, Nutrient, and Sediment Loads to Potential Climate Change and Urban Development in 20 U.S. Watersheds" for Public Comment
- EPA, NOAA, National Wildlife Federation, and the North Atlantic Landscape Conservation Cooperative Announce Searchable Online Database of Eastern Regional Climate Information
- EPA to Host Webinar: "Benchmarking Water/Wastewater Treatment Facilities Using EPA's ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager" on March 14, 2013
- EPA's State and Local Climate and Energy Program Announces Webcast Series on Climate Change Adaptation for State and Local Governments Starting March 21, 2013
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Announces the Availability of Federal Support Toolbox for Integrated Water Resources Management Website
- OneNOAA Science Seminar Series Announces Webinar: "Management and Conservation of Fisheries and Marine Resources in the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Sea under Future Climate Change Scenarios" on March 20, 2013
- Security and Sustainability Forum Announces Two Upcoming Webinars:1) "Implications of the National Climate Assessment" on March 14, 2013; 2) "Community Engagement on Climate Response Decisions - The COAST Model" on March 19, 2013
- New England Interstate Water Pollution Control Commission Announces Request for Proposals for Pilot Implementation of the Long Island Sound Study
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology Announces Tool that Helps Forecast Water Woes, Provides Insights for Adapting
- Pacific Institute Releases Study on National Assessment of Water-Related Green Job Opportunities
February 25, 2013 Issue (PDF) (4 pp, 54K, About PDF)
- EPA's Draft Climate Change Adaptation Plan Released for Public Comment
- Print Versions of EPA "National Water Program 2012 Strategy: Response to Climate Change" and EPA "Climate Change Indicators in the United States, 2012" Now Available
- EPA's Climate Ready Water Utilities Initiative Announces Extreme Events Workshop Planning Tool
- EPA Announces Smart Growth Implementation Assistance
- USDA Releases Reports on Climate Change Effects and Adaptation Strategies for U.S. Agriculture and Forests
- U.S. GAO Releases Report: "High Risk Series, An Update"
- Call for Expert Reviewers of the 2013 Supplement to the 2006 Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories: Wetlands
- American Planning Association Releases Report on Green Infrastructure
- Delaware Announces Grants for Stormwater Retrofits
- Report Released: "Water Resources Utility of the Future: A Blueprint for Action"
February 7, 2013 Issue (PDF) (4 pp,60K, About PDF)
- EPA Releases Atlantic and Gulf Coastal Wetland Reviews and EPA Coastal Wetlands Webpage
- EPA Announces Research Forum on Extreme Event Impacts on Air Quality and Water Quality with a Changing Global Climate on February 26-27, 2013 in Arlington, VA
- EPA and Partners to Host Climate Leadership Conference and Awards Ceremony from February 27 - March 1, 2013 in Washington, D.C.
- U.S. Global Change Research Program (USGCRP) Announces Suite of Climate Scenarios
- NOAA Announces Webinar on "Understanding Monitoring and Drought" on February 12, 2013
- Security and Sustainability Forum Announces Free Webinar Series on Draft National Climate Assessment Report
- Coastal Hazards Summit 2013: Working Together towards a Resilient and Sustainable Coast to be Held February 13-14, 2013 in St. Augustine, FL
- Climate-Smart Agriculture Conference to be Held March 20-22, 2013 in Davis, CA
- American Water Works Association Announces Sustainable Water Management Conference, April 7-10, 2013 in Nashville, TN
January 25, 2013 Issue (PDF) (4 pp, 63K, About PDF)
- EPA Climate Ready Water Estuaries Program Announces Release of Publications
- EPA Announces Call for Proposals for 2013 EPA Community Involvement Training Conference
- EPA Announces Interagency Effort to Protect Coral Reefs
- National Climate Assessment Draft Report Released
- U.S. Forest Service Releases Report on Water Resources Vulnerabilities to Climate Change
- Security and Sustainability Forum to Host Free Webinar: "Governing Climate Change: Shifting Priorities in Urban Decision Making" on January 31, 2013
- BNA Bloomberg and U.S. Water Alliance to Host Webinar on "Water Adaptation: A Climate of Opportunity" on February 6, 2013
- Interagency Team Releases Report on Building a Climate Ready North Carolina
- Maryland Governor Signs Executive Order to Help State Prepare for Climate Change and Extreme Weather
- Nature Geoscience and Nature Climate Change Present Series of Publications on "Water in a Warming World"
January 10, 2013 Issue (PDF) (4 pp, 51K, About PDF)
- EPA Climate Ready Water Utilities Initiative Announces Bi-Monthly Webinar Series Starting on January 23, 2013
- NOAA Announces State of the Climate Global Analysis for 2012 and Warmest Year on Record for Contiguous United States
- DOT Announces Solicitation for Pilot Projects: Climate Change and Extreme Weather Vulnerability Assessments and Adaptation Options Analysis - Due by January 22, 2013
- White House Executive Order Establishes Hurricane Sandy Rebuilding Task Force Conference on Climate Change and America's Infrastructure: Engineering, Social, and Policy Challenges to be Held January 28 - 30, 2013 in Tempe, Arizona
- Pacific Institute Releases Two Reports: "Key Issues for Seawater Desalination in California: Costs and Financing" and "California's Water Footprint"
- Ceres Releases Report on Expanding Risks for U.S. Water Providers
- Lincoln Institute of Land Policy Publishes Paper: "Coastal States' Adaptation Initiatives: Sea Level Rise and Municipal Engagement"
December 14, 2012 Issue (PDF) (4 pp, 55K, About PDF)
- EPA Releases 2012 National Water Program Climate Change Strategy
- EPA Releases Climate Change Indicators in the United States 2012 Report
- Abstract Deadline: Dec. 14, 2012 for 11th Annual NOAA Climate Prediction Applications Science Workshop
- Training Webinar on Assessing Climate Change Impacts on Water Resources to be Held Dec. 17, 2012
- Self-paced Module on Preparing Hydro-climate Inputs for Climate Change in Water Resource Planning Now Available Online
- Experts Supported by NASA Publish Landmark Study Documenting Ice Sheet Melting
- Water Research Foundation Releases Report and Action Plan on Building a Climate-Ready Regulatory System
- Climate Change Adaptation Plan for Coastal & Inland Wetlands in the State of Michigan Jointly Published by Association of State Wetland Managers
- Washington State Blue Ribbon Panel on Ocean Acidification Releases Recommendations Report
- Registration Now Open for Conference on Disasters and Environment: Science, Preparedness, and Resilience on January 15-17, 2013 in Washington, DC