Water: Climate Change and Water
Climate Change and Water E-Newsletter
The EPA Climate Change and Water E-Newsletter features news and information about EPA and other federal activities related to climate change and water. Partner activities, as well as related events and publications, are also included. The climate change and water e-newsletter is sent out every two weeks to subscribers. Several past issues of the climate change and water e-newsletter are provided below.
To subscribe to the EPA Climate Change and Water E-Newsletter:
Send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit an item for the EPA Climate Change and Water E-newsletter or contact us with questions:
Send an email to email@example.com.
Climate Change and Water E-Newsletter Archive
- EPA and Federal Partners Announce National Drought Resilience Partnership
- EPA and New England Leaders Convene to Help Communities Prepare for Climate Challenges
- EPA to Host Three-Part Webcast Series for State and Local Governments on Communications for Climate Programs – December 4, 11, and 18, 2013
- EPA Releases Watershed Management Optimization Support Tool
- Seeking Feedback on our EPA Water and Climate Change Website
- Department of Interior to Host Seminar on National Fish, Wildlife, and Plants Climate Adaption Strategy on December 9, 2013
- GAO Releases Report on Great Lakes Restoration Initiative and Actions that Limit its ProgressClimate Central Launches "Surging Seas Risk Finder" for Florida
- Georgetown Climate Center Seeking Applications from Government Entities (and NGOs Working with Government Entities) to Provide In-Kind Legal and Policy Support for State and Local Adaptation Projects
- Draft EPA Office of Water Climate Change Adaptation Implementation Plan Released for Public Review and Comment
- EPA Releases Report on Importance of Water to Economy
- President Issues Executive Order on Preparing for Climate Change and Creates Task Force
- Bureau of Reclamation Releases Climate Change Literature Synthesis Report
- Bureau of Reclamation Releases Climate Change Literature Synthesis Report
- NOAA and Sea Grant Release Report on Cost-Efficient Climate Adaptation Best Practices in North Atlantic Communities
- Columbia University's Center for Climate Change Law Publishes Handbook on Legal Tools to Limit Risks of Climate Change for Coastal Communities
- American Meteorological Society Journal Releases Study on Climate Change Sensitivity Assessment and Adaptation Planning for Public Water Supply
- EPA's Climate Ready Estuaries Program Releases Draft Workbook on Developing Climate Change Adaptation Plans and Seeks Public Comment
- EPA's WaterSense Program Releases Draft Professional Certification Program Labeling System and Seeks Public Comment
- EPA's WaterSense Program Recognizes 2013 Partners of the Year for Water Efficiency Efforts
- EPA Awards Technical Assistance to Communities to Support Green Infrastructure Use
- Department of the Interior Launches Hurricane Sandy Coastal Resiliency Competitive Grant Program of $100 Million
- Bureau of Indian Affairs Announces Climate Adaptation Grant Funding for Tribes
- National Park Service Announces Survey of Visitor Perceptions of Climate Change in U.S. National Parks
- NASA Data from Climate Models Shows Potential 21st Century Temperature, Precipitation Changes
- NOAA Hosts Monthly Webinar Series on Climate Information for Managing Risks in Water Resources
- Technical Report Summarizes Climate Change Impacts on U.S. Oceans, Marine Resources
September 27, 2013 Issue (PDF) (4 pp, 77K, About PDF)
- EPA Releases Report of Climate Change Impacts on Streamflow and Water Quality in 20 Watersheds in the United States
- WaterSense Brings Water Savings to Commercial Kitchens with New Specifications
- EPA Watershed Academy Webinar on National Stormwater Calculator - 10/2/13EPA
- Climate Ready Water Utilities Webinar on Scenario Planning to Support Decision Making - 10/9/13
- EPA Announces Registration for Campus RainWorks Challenge
- EPA and State of Pennsylvania Hold e2- Energy Efficiency Course for Wastewater and Drinking Water Operators
- NOAA Releases Report Explaining Extreme Events of 2012 from a Climate Perspective
- NASA Announces New Downscaled Climate Projections for the United States
- NOAA Deploys First Ocean Acidification Monitoring Buoy in Arctic Circle
- Implementation Guide for Local Governments in British Columbia to Prepare for Climate Change
- Climate Resources for Educators: Interactive Climate Webcasts for Classrooms
September 12, 2013 Issue (PDF) (4 pp, 47K, About PDF)
- EPA's WaterSense Program Shares Water-Saving Tips for a Drought
- EPA Releases New Climate Science Lesson Plans for Middle School Classrooms
- Call for Nominations for 2014 Climate Leadership Awards Closes September 13th
- Seeking Feedback on the EPA Climate Change and Water Website
- NOAA Coastal Services Center Releases Economic Framework Guide for Coastal Community Infrastructure
- Geneva Association Releases Report on Ocean Warming and Implications for the Insurance Industry
- First-of-its-Kind Easement in Maryland Protects Historic Area from Sea Level Rise Impacts
- Yale University Releases Report "Climate Change in the Coloradan Mind"
- Wetlands Watch Releases Report about Homeowners Insurance and Adaptation in Coastal Virginia
- Rockefeller Foundation Announces 100 Resilient Cities Centennial Challenge
- American Rivers Releases Report on Stream Daylighting
August 28, 2013 Issue (PDF) (3 pp, 77K, About PDF)
- EPA's Climate Ready Water Utilities Initiative Announces Webinar Series
- U.S. Geological Survey Moves to Create Climate Change Vulnerability Database
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Conducts North Atlantic Coast Comprehensive Study
- Federal Interagency Hurricane Sandy Rebuilding Task Force Releases Strategy
- Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES) Releases Map Showing Status of State and Local Adaptation Efforts across U.S.
- Study Published in Nature Climate Change Journal on Future Flood Losses in Major Coastal Cities
- Connecticut Insurance Companies Now Required by State to Complete Climate Risk Survey
- American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting to be Held February 2-6, 2014 in Atlanta and to Focus on Extreme Weather-Climate and Built Environment
- Water, Climate, Food, and Energy Conference to be Held March 3-7, 2014 at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; Abstracts Due September 27, 2013
- EPA WaterSense Program Releases Notice of Intent to Develop a Specification for Commercial Toilets
- EPA and the USGS Publish Report on Modeling Mercury Dynamics in Watersheds under Future Climate Change Scenarios
- EPA and Other Federal Agencies Partner on Climate Change in the Mid-Atlantic
- NOAA Releases Annual Global Climate Assessment: "State of the Climate 2012"
- NOAA's Climate Program Office Announces Funding Opportunity for Fiscal Year 2014National Science Foundation Solicits Proposals for Water Sustainability and Climate Program
- Department of Interior Landscape Conservation Cooperatives Launch Website
- NOAA Report Highlights Climate Change Threats to Nation's Estuaries
- Center for Climate and Energy Solutions Releases Report: "Weathering the Storm: Building Business Resilience to Climate Change"
- University of North Carolina Releases Report: "Adapting to Climate Change: A Handbook for Local Governments in North Carolina"
- Explore Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation by Region or Sector on
EPA's Climate Change Website
- EPA's WaterSense-Labeled Products Save Americans Nearly $9 Billion
- U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Releases Report: "U.S. Energy Sector
Vulnerabilities to Climate Change and Extreme Weather"
- NOAA Announces Monthly Drought Outlook Product
- National Weather Service Climate Variability and Change Virtual Course: July
29-August 2, 2013
- USGS and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Center Present Webinar on "Relationships among
Climate, Water Quality, and Toxic Blooms of Golden Alga in Texas" on July 30,
2013 at 3:30pm eastern
- NOAA Offers Climate Connection E-Newsletter
- Second Ocean Acidification Principal Investigators' Meeting to be Held
September 18-20, 2013 in Washington, D.C.
- Researchers Stress the Importance of Knowledge Networks for Climate Change Adaptation
July 3, 3013 Issue (PDF) (2 pp, 33K, About PDF)
- President Obama's Climate Action Plan Released
- Report Presents "The Impact of Climate Change and Population Growth on the National Flood Insurance Program through 2100"
- Federal Agencies Release Sea Level Rise Planning Tool for Parts of New York and New Jersey Impacted by Hurricane Sandy
- Urban Land Institute Releases Report: "Risk & Resilience in Coastal Regions"
June 21, 2013 Issue (PDF) (3 pp, 39K, About PDF)
EPA's Climate Ready Water Utilities and Climate Ready Estuaries
Initiatives Release Climate Change Risk Assessment and Adaptation Planning
- EPA Announces Application Period for 2014 Climate Leadership Awards: June
- EPA's Science Matters Newsletter Focuses on Climate Change Research
NOAA's National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) Releases 2012 Billion-Dollar
Weather and Climate Disasters Information
- Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals (ITEP) Launches Tribal Climate
Change Website, Newsletter, Webinars, and Regional Adaptation Courses
- Pacific Institute Releases Report: "An Overview of the 'New Normal' and
Water Rate Basics"
- Early Career Climate Change Forum Launches Online
June 7, 2013 Issue (PDF) (3 pp, 49K, About PDF)
- EPA Releases Guide to Energy Efficiency in Water and Wastewater Facilities for Local Governments
- EPA Hosts Free Webinar Series on Climate Change Adaptation for States, Tribes, and Local Governments, June 3-12, 2013
- EPA's Climate Ready Estuaries Program Celebrates King Tide Month in June
- NOAA Launches Redesigned Climate.Gov Website and Offers Communication Pathways for Online Users
- NOAA's Climate Ready Great Lakes Offers Free Online Training Modules
- Association of Climate Change Officers Launches Inaugural Climate Strategies Forum on October 14-17, 2013 in Washington, D.C.