Program Evaluations of National, Regional, and Geographic Water Programs
EPA and external organizations frequently conduct program evaluations on national, regional, and geographic water programs. This page provides links to recent evaluation reports that often include findings and recommendations to improve the management of water programs.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
EPA Evaluations of National Water Programs
Fiscal Year 2011
- Assessing the Effectiveness of the Beaches Environmental Assessment and Coastal Health (BEACH) Act Notification Program (May 2011) (PDF) (102 pp, 2MB, About PDF)
- Evaluation of the Drinking Water and Clean Water Infrastructure Tribal Set-Aside Grant Programs (March 2011) (PDF) (64 pp, 736K, About PDF)
Fiscal Year 2010
- Evaluation of the EPA Region 1 New England Marina Initiative (August 2010) (PDF) (73 pp, 610K, About PDF)
Fiscal Year 2009
Fiscal Year 2008
- Wetland Program Development Grants: Assessing Their Role in State/Tribal Wetland Programs (December 2007) (PDF) (29 pp, 340K, About PDF)
Fiscal Year 2007
- Evaluation of the Tribal General Assistance Program (May 2007) (PDF) (118 pp, 808K, About PDF)
- Developing Effective Nonpoint Source TMDLs: An Evaluation of the TMDL Development Process (January 2007) (PDF) (57 pp, 303K, About PDF)
Fiscal Year 2003
- Evaluation of State and Regional Water Quality Monitoring Councils (August 2003) (PDF) (24 pp, 1MB, About PDF)
Fiscal Year 2002
- A Review of Statewide Watershed Management Approaches (April 2002) (PDF) (68 pp, 184K, About PDF)
Fiscal Year 2001
- An Assessment of the Water Quality Standards Development and Review Process (October 2000) (PDF) (83 pp, 7MB, About PDF)
Additional Program Evaluation Information
- U.S. EPA Program Evaluation Division
EPA uses program evaluation to make its programs more efficient and effective. Program evaluation can identify gaps in information and address where EPA's activities are having the greatest impact.