Fiscal Year 2012 National Water Program Performance Results
Each year, EPA's Office of Water conducts an assessment of the end of the year results for all performance measures of the National Water Program to determine progress in meeting the goals outlined in the Agency's Strategic Plan and National Water Program Guidance.
FY 2012 Best Practices and End of the Year Performance Report (April 2013)
This Report includes final FY 2012 performance data for all National Water Program measures included in EPA's 2011-2015 Strategic Plan and the FY 2012 National Water Program Guidance. The report includes four key elements:
- Overview of annual performance and long term trends for FY 2012 National Water Program measures.
- Descriptions of innovative approaches and best practices of program implementation.
- Individual chapters on performance for each Water Program subobjective under Goal 2 of the Strategic Plan, "Clean and Safe Water".
- Appendices with detailed historical data on national and regional commitments and results for all Water Program performance measures.
- Full Report (184 pp, 9.20MB, About PDF)
- Executive Summary (4 pp, 930K, About PDF)
- Overview of Performance Results and Best Practices (72 pp, 3.79MB, About PDF)
- Subobjective Performance Chapters
- Intoduction to Subojective Chapters (1 pp, 25K, About PDF)
- Water Safe to Drink (11 pp, 195K, About PDF)
- Fish and Shellfish (2 pp, 112K, About PDF)
- Safe Swimming (4 pp, 107K, About PDF)
- Water Quality (22 pp, 159K, About PDF)
- Coastal and Oceans (8 pp, 354K, About PDF)
- U.S.–Mexico Border (6 pp, 164K, About PDF)
- Pacific Islands (2 pp, 44K, About PDF)
- Wetlands (3 pp, 58K, About PDF)
- Great Lakes (10 pp, 378K, About PDF)
- Chesapeake Bay (4 pp, 87K, About PDF)
- Gulf of Mexico (5 pp, 117K, About PDF)
- Long Island Sound (4 pp, 155K, About PDF)
- South Florida (4 pp, 80K, About PDF)
- Puget Sound (4 pp, 69K, About PDF)
- Columbia River (2 pp, 82K, About PDF)
- American Indian Drinking Water and Water Quality FY 2012 Performance (8 pp, 86K, About PDF)
- Appendix A: FY 2012 End of Year NPM Guidance Measure Commitments and Results (12 pp, 1.02MB, About PDF)
- Appendix B: FY 2012 Performance Measure Universe (5 pp, 161K, About PDF)
- Appendix C: American Recovery and Reinvestment Act FY 2012 Performance Report (6 pp, 315K, About PDF)
- Appendix D: FY 2012 Detailed Measures with National and Regional Commitments and Results (68 pp, 475K, About PDF)
- Performance Measure Factsheets
These factsheets provide detailed information on each performance measure including definitions, methodologies for collecting and reporting results, and trend data.
- EPA Strategic Plan for 2011-2015
- National Program Guidance for FY 2012
- National Program Guidance for FY 2013
Each year, EPA's Office of Water conducts an assessment of the end of the year results for all performance measures of the National Water Program to determine the progress in meeting the goals outlined in the Agency's Strategic Plan and National Water Program Guidance. This slideshow presents an overview of the results and trends for Fiscal Year 2012.
FY 2012 Best Practices
Each title provides a link to a brief summary of each practice.
- Nonpoint Source Watershed-Based Plan Review Guide
- Closing the Gap in Anticipated/Obligated Funds for Clean Water & Drinking Water State Revolving Funds (SRF)
- Advancing Large Scale Green Infrastructure Through Partnerships
- Watershed Resources Registry
- Institutionalizing Green Infrastructure via MS4 Permits
- Iowa’s Expeditious Use of Clean Water SRFs
- Sea Farming for Environmental and Economic Benefits
- Use of Novel Technology Solutions for On-Farm Nutrient Removal
- Salmon Falls Watershed Collaborative