National Water Program Performance Results Fiscal Year 2011
Each year, EPA's Office of Water conducts an assessment of the end of the year results for all performance measures of the National Water Program to determine progress in meeting the goals outlined in the Agency's Strategic Plan and National Water Program Guidance.
FY 2011 Best Practices and End of the Year Performance Report (April 2012)
This Report includes final FY 2011 performance data for all National Water Program measures included in EPA's 2011-2015 Strategic Plan and the FY 2011 National Water Program Guidance. The report includes four key elements:
- Overview of annual performance and long term trends for FY 2011 National Water Program measures.
- Descriptions of innovative approaches and best practices of program implementation.
- Individual chapters on performance for each Water Program subobjective under Goal 2 of the Strategic Plan, "Clean and Safe Water".
- Appendices with detailed historical data on national and regional commitments and results for all Water Program performance measures.
- Full Report (PDF) (207 pp, 12.6MB, About PDF)
- Executive Summary (PDF) (10 pp, 990K, About PDF)
- Overview of Performance Results and Best Practices (PDF) (55 pp, 1.8MB, About PDF)
- Subobjective Performance Chapters
- Water Safe to Drink (PDF) (8 pp, 1.6MB, About PDF)
- Fish and Shellfish (PDF) (2 pp, 592K, About PDF)
- Safe Swimming (PDF) (3 pp, 813K, About PDF)
- Water Quality (PDF) (10 pp, 2.1MB, About PDF)
- Coastal and Oceans (PDF) (5 pp, 1.2MB, About PDF)
- U.S.–Mexico Border (PDF) (3 pp, 739K, About PDF)
- Pacific Islands (PDF) (2 pp, 602K, About PDF)
- Wetlands (PDF) (3 pp, 615K, About PDF)
- Great Lakes (PDF) (6 pp, 1.1MB, About PDF)
- Chesapeake Bay (PDF) (4 pp, 795K, About PDF)
- Gulf of Mexico (PDF) (4 pp, 848K, About PDF)
- Long Island Sound (PDF) (4 pp, 858K, About PDF)
- South Florida (PDF) (3 pp, 628K, About PDF)
- Puget Sound (PDF) (3 pp, 752K, About PDF)
- Columbia River (PDF) (3 pp, 818K, About PDF)
- American Indian Drinking Water and Water Quality FY 2011 Performance (PDF) (5 pp, 1.1MB, About PDF)
- Appendix A: FY 2011 End of Year NPM Guidance Measure Commitments and Results (PDF) (13 pp, 394K, About PDF)
- Appendix B: FY 2011 Performance Measure Universe (PDF) (5 pp, 87K, About PDF)
- Appendix C: American Recovery and Reinvestment Act FY 2011 Performance Report (PDF) (5 pp, 178K, About PDF)
- Appendix D: FY 2011 Detailed Measures with National and Regional Commitments and Results (PDF) (71 pp, 1.9MB, About PDF)
FY 2011 Mid-Year Performance Report and Data (July 2011)
In May 2011, the National Water Program published the National Water Program Guidance describing how EPA, States, Tribes, and others would work together in FY 2011 to implement the water elements of the 2011-2015 Strategic Plan. This FY 2011 Mid-Year Performance Report describes the progress being made in 2011 towards the goals and objectives described in the Guidance and the EPA Strategic Plan.
- Performance Measure Factsheets
These factsheets provide detailed information on each performance measure including definitions, methodologies for collecting and reporting results, and trend data.
- EPA Strategic Plan for 2011-2015
- National Program Guidance for FY 2011
- National Program Guidance for FY 2012