Water: Vessel Water Discharge
Vessel Sewage Discharges: Related Publications and Links
- EPA, Cruise Ship Plume Dilution Study (PDF) (2009) (22 pp, 243K, About PDF).
- EPA, Cruise Ship Discharge Assessment Report (PDF) (2008).
- EPA Vessel General Permit (2008).
- U.S. General Accounting Office, Marine Pollution: Progress Made to Reduce Marine Pollution by Cruise Ships, but Important Issues Remain (PDF) (2000) (75 pp, 540K, About PDF).
- EPA, Report to Congress: Study of Discharges Incidental to Normal Operation of Commercial Fishing Vessels and Other Non-Recreational Vessels Less than 79 Feet (PDF) (2010) (598 pp, 18MB, About PDF).
No Discharge Zones
- EPA, No Discharge Zone Evaluation Report (2004).
- U.S. General Accounting Office, Program Enhancements Would Better Ensure Adequacy of Boat Pumpout Facilities in No-Discharge Zones (PDF) (2004) (51 pp, 2.6MB, About PDF).
Marine Sanitation Devices
- EPA, Performance Evaluation Report: Evaluation of Improved Type I Marine Sanitation Devices (PDF) (2010) (119 pp, 1.5 MB, About PDF).
Other Federal Agencies
- U.S. Coast Guard, Marine Sanitation Devices
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Clean Vessel Act Grant Program
No Discharge Zones
U.S. EPA Regions
- Region 1 (CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT)
- Region 2 (NJ, NY, PR, USVI)
- Region 3 (DE, DC, MD, PA, VA, WV)
- Region 4 (AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN)
- Region 5 (IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI)
- Region 6 (AR, LA, NM, OK, TX)
- Region 7 (IA, KS, MO, NE)
- Region 8 (CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, WY, Native Tribes)
Note: Region 8's NDZ webpage is currently being updated
- Region 9 (AZ, CA, HI, NV, Pacific Islands)
- Region 10 (AK, ID, OR, WA, Native Tribes)
Note: there are no NDZs in Region 10
State Websites Describing the State's No Discharge Zone Areas and Clean Vessel Act-Related Programs
This section provides links to non-EPA web sites that provide additional information about no discharge zone areas and Clean Vessel Act-related programs. You will leave the EPA.gov domain and enter another page with more information.