Water: Polluted Runoff
Explore Model Ordinances
- Center for Watershed Protection
The Center strives to provide organizations with effective and scientifically sound information on urban watersheds. This site contains information on watershed planning, land conservation, and best management practices. Upcoming workshops, Center services, and publications are also listed on this site.
- Local Government Environmental Assistance Network (LGEAN)
LGEAN's goal is to provide a forum and clearinghouse of environmental information for local governments. This site contains areas to explore new federal and state regulatory requirements and post messages and a search engine to help navigate their extensive library.
- Proposed Phase II of the NPDES Storm Water Program
This site contains information on what the Phase II rules cover, answers frequently asked questions, and lists the regulations.
More Real-Life Example Ordinances
- Model Ordinances for Source Water Protection - USEPA Region 10
This site contains existing ordinance information from different localities and states. Ordinance topics include stormwater general permits, wellhead protection, and a water resources plan.
- Example Ordinance for Creating a Wellhead Protection Area District (Oregon)
This site lists a model ordinance that is a helpful tool for local governments. It includes sections on definitions, enforcement actions, and zones within the wellhead protection area.
- Model Aquifer/Wellhead Protection Ordinance (Tallahassee, Florida) (PDF) (32 pp, 128K, About PDF)
This model ordinance combines useful language used in existing ordinances throughout Florida. It includes sections that address inspections, best management practices, establishing primary and secondary wellhead protection areas, funding, and remediation activities.