Water: Polluted Runoff
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
Explore Model Ordinances
The "Miscellaneous Ordinances" section captures ordinances that are important for protection of water resources but do not fall into the other categories of this site. This section includes the following ordinances:
- Lake Travis Nonpoint Source Ordinance (PDF) (16 pp, 46K)
This ordinance addresses techniques required to control nonpoint source pollution from permitted and unpermitted activities.
- Stormwater Utility Ordinance from Takoma Park, MD (PDF) (8 pp, 31K)
Provides the legal authority necessary to establish a stormwater utility and establishes the fee structure to fund it.
- Transfer of Development Rights Ordinance from Sarasota, FL (PDF) (8 pp, 32K)
Allows for the transfer of development rights in order to direct development to designated areas while protecting other areas from development.
- Golf Course Management Guidelines form Baltimore County, MD (PDF) (11 pp, 35K)
Provides information on the proper management of golf courses.
- Wetlands and Watercourses Ordinance from Croton-on-Hudson, NY (PDF) (35 pp, 82K)
Protects wetlands by restricting development and requiring techniques and measures to prevent pollution for development near wetlands.
- Forest Conservation Ordinance from Frederick County, MD (PDF) (10 pp, 44K)
Protects forest resources by restricting the amount of forest that can be cleared on a development site and requiring tree planting in mitigation for site clearing.