Water: Low Impact Development
Low Impact Development (LID) Literature Review and Fact Sheets
EPA and the LID Center conducted a literature review of LID studies to assess the state of knowledge about LID practices. This report contains a brief overview of LID principles and programmatic issues such as use, ownership and cost. The heart of the document is a summary of the information available regarding the pollutant removal effectiveness of the most common LID practices. We have also included four fact sheets that contain descriptions of local projects where LID practices were used.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Low Impact Development (LID) A Literature Review (PDF)(41 pp, 427K, EPA Document # EPA-841-B-00-005)
- Bioretention Applications, Inglewood Demonstration Project, Largo, MD and Florida Aquarium, Tampa, FL (PDF)(3 pp, 87K, EPA Document # EPA-841-B-00-005A)
- Field Evaluation of Permeable Pavements for Stormwater Management, Olympia, WA (PDF)(2 pp, 48K, EPA Document # EPA-841-B-00-005B)
- Street Storage for Combined Sewer Surcharge Control, Skokie and Wilmette, IL (PDF)( 3 pp, 64K, EPA Document # EPA-841-B-00-005C)
- Vegetated Roof Cover, Philadelphia, PA (PDF)(3 pp, 79K, EPA Document # EPA-841-B-00-005D)