Water: Drinking Water Strategy
EPA's Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water provided an overview of the Drinking Water Strategy at several listening sessions and a stakeholder meeting. The main purpose of these events was to obtain feedback from the public and stakeholders on their perspectives and ideas on possible approaches to implement the Drinking Water Strategy. More specific information on these listening sessions and the stakeholder meeting are below.
- June 22, 2010 Chicago, IL
- August 10-11, 2010 Cincinnati, OH
- Sponsor: USEPA in cooperation with Association of State Drinking Water Administrators
- A presentation on EPA's Drinking Water Strategy was provided at the USEPA's 7th Annual Drinking Water Workshop.
- For more information, visit http://www.epa.gov/nrmrl/events/event08122010.html
- Listening Session Summary PDF (15pp, 370K, About PDF)
- August 16, 2010 Washington, DC
Sponsors: EPA Region 3 and Potomac River Basin Drinking Water Source Protection Partnership (DWSPP)
- August 19, 2010 Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- September 21, 2010, Washington, DC Stakeholder Meeting
- Drinking Water Strategy Contaminants as Group(s) Stakeholder Meeting
- EPA presented an overview of the Drinking Water Strategy and discussed potential contaminant groups with stakeholders.
- September 22, 2010, Washington, DC State Consultation Meeting
- State Data Sharing Requirements Meeting
- State association members identified an initial set of drinking water data to share with EPA for a range of uses including Six-Year Review of regulations, data quality improvement, program oversight and public health indicators.
- March 3, 2011, Washington, DC
Notice of a Public Meeting: Environmental Justice Considerations for Drinking Water Regulatory Efforts