Water: Chemical Contaminant Rules
Compliance Help for the Chemical Contaminant Rules
On this Page
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Standardized Monitoring Framework: A Quick Reference Guide (PDF) (3 pp, 118K)
- Nitrate Monitoring Requirements for Community and Noncommunity Water Systems (PDF) (1 pp, 462K)
- Removing Multiple Contaminants from Drinking Water: Issues to Consider (PDF) (1 pp, 366K)
- Analytical Methods - Water systems must use EPA-approved analytical methods when analyzing samples to meet federal monitoring requirements or to demonstrate compliance with drinking water regulations.
- Contaminants Regulated Under the Safe Drinking Water Act: Timeline (PDF) (1 pp, 87K)
- Final Guidance For State Sampling Waiver Programs (PDF) (13 pp, 47K)
- Guidance and Clarification on the Use of Detection Limits in Compliance Monitoring (PDF) (4 pp, 9K)
- Small System Compliance Technology List for the Non-Microbial Contaminants Regulated Before 1996 (PDF) (112 pp, 249K)
The Chemical Phase Rule training slides contain: a regulatory overview; the standardized monitoring framework; compliance clarifications; and information on waivers. The training is recommended for water system owners and operators, primacy agencies and technical assistance providers. Modules are available on the following subject: