Water: California Toxics Rule
Establishment of Numeric Criteria for Priority Pollutants for the State of California
California Toxics Rule (CTR); Final
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
We promulgated numeric water quality criteria for priority toxic pollutants and other water quality standards provisions to be applied to waters in the State of California. We promulgated this rule based on the Administrator's determination that the numeric criteria are necessary in the State of California to protect human health and the environment.
- Fact Sheet
- Typographical corrections in the Federal Register (February 13, 2001)
- Summary and Full Federal Register Text (Some tables omitted) (May 18, 2000)
- Print Version (PDF) (contains all table information, 532 K)
- California Toxics Rule Response to Comments Report, Volumes 1 and 2 (PDF) (2.83 MB, 1,502 pp.
- Economic Analysis (PDF) (557 K, 130 pp.)
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
- Fact Sheet
- Summary and Full Federal Register Text (Some tables omitted)
- Summary and Full Federal Register Text (PDF) (contains all table information)
- Economic Analysis of the Proposed California Water Quality Toxics Rule (PDF) (345 K, 130 pp.; EPA-820-B-96-001; July 1997)