Water: Laws & Executive Orders
Listening Sessions for the Public
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
EPA held two informal public listening sessions via audio teleconference in August 2010 to inform the public about the rulemaking, and to receive views on changes to the water quality standards regulation that are under consideration. The sessions provided a review of EPA’s current regulation and a summary of the clarifications that EPA is considering with time alloted for questions and comments. You can find additional information about outreach efforts on this Web page.
Dates and Times of SessionsSession 1
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
1:00 – 2:30 pm EDT
Thursday, August 26, 2010
1:00 – 2:30 pm EDT
Agenda and Resource Materials for the Sessions
The agenda and resource materials were identical for all four sessions.
- Agenda (PDF) (1 pp, 17K)
- Briefing Presentation (PDF) (19 pp, 71K)
- Federal Register Notice | PDF Version (3 pp, 57K) (July 30, 2010)
- Current Water Quality Standards regulation | PDF Version (11 pp, 98K)
- Further information about water quality standards under the Clean Water Act
If you were unable to make a comment during the listening sessions, or otherwise have comments on the regulatory changes EPA is considering, you may provide them to EPA in one of the following ways.
- Send your comments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail your comments to
Thomas J. Gardner
Office of Science and Technology (Mail Code 4305T)
Office of Water
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20460
In order for your comments to be most useful to us, please submit your views by September 10, 2010. Please note that these listening sessions are at an early stage of the rulemaking process. There will be a formal comment period after the proposed rule is published in the summer of 2011.
The full contents of your letter, or your email including your email address, will be entered into the EPA Docket for this action, EPA-HQ-OW-2010-0606, and available to the public at http://www.regulations.gov/.
- List of Participants
- 8/19/2010 Tribes Only Session (PDF) (3 pp, 15K)
- 8/24/2010 Public Session I Participant List (PDF) (9 pp, 36K)
- 8/24/2010 Public Session I Transcript (PDF) (36 pp, 111K)
- 8/24/2010 Public Session I Audio (MP3) (19.7MB)
- 8/25/2010 States Session (PDF) (2 pp, 10K)
- 8/26/2010 Public Session II Participant List (PDF) (6 pp, 27K)
- 8/26/2010 Public Session II Transcript (PDF) (41 pp, 130K)
- 8/26/2010 Public Session II Audio (MP3) (21MB)
- 11/17/2010 ASIWPCA Session (PDF) (1 pp, 137K)
- 12/14/2010 Tribes Only Session (PDF) (1 pp, 137K)
- 12/15/2010 ASIWPCA Session (PDF) (2 pp, 138K)