Water: Large Existing Power Plants
Phase II—Large existing electric generating plants, Technical Development Document for the Proposed Section 316(b) Phase II Existing Facilities Rule
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
EPA 821-R-02-003; April 2002
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
Download the complete Technical Development Document for the Proposed Section 316(b) Phase II Existing Facilities Rule (PDF) (2.4 MB, 280 pp.). The final TDD is also available.
- Chapter 1 Industry Profile
- Chapter 2 Costing Methodology for Model Plants
- Charts 2-10 - 2-18
- Charts 2-19 - 2-30
- Chapter 3 Efficacy of Cooling Water Intake Structures
- Attachment A Cooling Water Intake Technology Fact Sheets
- Chapter 4 Cooling System Conversions at Existing Facilities
- Chapter 5 Energy Penalties of Cooling Towers
- Attachments A-E
- Chapter 6 Non-Water Quality Impacts
- Appendix A Compliance Cost Estimates for the Proposed Rule
- Appendix B Technology Cost Curves
- Appendix C Cost Estimate Report for a Hypothetical Cooling System Conversion
- Appendix D Dry Cooling