Water: Water Quality Reporting (305b)
National Water Quality Inventory: Report to Congress, 2002 Reporting Cycle
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the Adobe PDF files on this page. See EPA's PDF page for more information about getting and using the free Acrobat Reader.
This Report to Congress summarizes information reported by the states in 2002 describing the condition of their assessed waters, as required under Section 305(b) of the Clean Water Act. It is based on electronic information contained in the National Assessment Database for the 2002 reporting cycle.
Fact Sheet (PDF) (2 pp, 42KB)
Download the report by sections:
- Cover, Front Matter, Executive Summary (PDF) (9 pp, 1.4MB)
- Background (PDF) (7 pp, 1.8MB)
- Findings, Rivers and Streams, and Lakes, Ponds and Reservoirs (PDF) (9 pp, 2.4MB)
- Findings, Bays and Estuaries, and Other Waters (PDF) (11 pp, 2.3MB)
- National Studies of Water Quality (PDF) (5 pp, 2.1MB)
- Future Reporting (PDF) (4 pp, 840K)
Download the full report:
National Water Quality Inventory: Report to Congress, 2002 Reporting Cycle (PDF) (39 pp, 8.2MB)
For an accessible version of this report, please download the individual sections found above.