Effluent Guidelines Biennial Plan: Past Effluent Guidelines Program Plans: 2006 Plan
EPA publishes a final Effluent Guidelines Program Plan every even year as is required by Section 304(m) of the Clean Water Act. Prior to publishing the final Plan, EPA must publish a preliminary Plan and take public comment. The following documents and links provide information on the 2006 Plan.
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Final 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan
- Federal Register Notice | Print Version (PDF) (24 pp, 276 K) (December 21, 2006)
- Fact Sheet (December 18, 2006)
- Support Documents
- Final User Guide to the Docket for the 2005 and 2006 Annual Reviews and the 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan (PDF) (507 pp, 1.9 MB)
- Tobacco Products Processing Detailed Study (PDF) (86 pp, 1.0 MB) (December 27, 2006)
- Pulp, Paper, and Paperboard Detailed Study (PDF) (208 pp, 1.9 MB) (December 27, 2006)
- Steam Electric Power Generating Interim Detailed Study (PDF) (128 pp, 1.1 MB) (November, 2006)
- Technical Support Document (EPA-821R-06-018) (December 2006)
- Cover and Table of Contents (PDF) (29 pp, 1.4 MB)
- Part I: Introduction (PDF) (71 pp, 842 K)
- Public Comments
- The Effluent Guidelines Planning Process
- Methodology, Data Sources, and Limitations
- Part II: Results of the 2006 Annual Review (PDF) (239 pp, 1.3 MB)
- 2006 Annual Review
- Coal Bed Methane Subcategory
- Coal Mining
- Fertilizer Manufacturing
- Inorganic Chemicals Manufacturing
- Nonferrous Metals Manufacturing
- Organic Chemicals, Plastics, and Synthetic Fibers
- Ore Mining and Dressing
- Pesticide Chemicals
- Petroleum Refining
- Plastics Molding and Forming
- Porcelain Enameling
- Rubber Manufacturing
- Textile Mills
- Part III: Review of Industrial Discharges not Covered by Categorical Regulations (PDF) (72 pp, 932 K)
- Review of Indirect Dischargers
- Review of Direct Dischargers
- Complete Technical Support Document (PDF) (408 pp, 4.4 MB)
Preliminary 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan
EPA sought comment on a preliminary plan for reviewing effluent guidelines, regulations that improve water quality by controlling discharges from industrial sources. This is the first step in meeting that requirement for the 2006-07 planning cycle.
EPA held a public meeting on this preliminary Plan on September 20, 2005 in Washington, DC. To find additional information supporting the preliminary Plan, visit Regulation.gov, searching for Docket ID No. OW-2004-0032 among EPA "closed for comment" documents.
- Extension of Comment Period for the Preliminary 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan (October 26, 2005)
- Fact Sheet (August 2005)
- Federal Register Notice (August 29, 2005)
- Support Documents
- User Guide to the Docket for 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan (PDF) (140 pp, 1.4 MB)
- Minutes of the September 20, 2005 Public Meeting (PDF) (9 pp, 28 K)
- Slide presentations from the September 20, 2005 Public Meeting (PDF) (84 pp, 2.6 MB). This slide presentation
- gives an overview of effluent guidelines and standards and the planning process,
- discusses EPA's 2005 annual review of ELGs and industrial categories without ELGs, and
- details the industry sectors EPA identified for detailed studies in 2006 annual review and additional data needs.
- 2005 Annual Screening-Level Analysis Report (PDF) (191 pp, 1.5 MB) This document supports EPA's 2005 review of industrial dischargers with and without effluent guidelines and pretreatment standards. It presents EPA's screening level analyses that support the 2005 annual review.
- Screening Level Analysis Report (Attachments) (PDF) (208 pp, 3.2 MB) This document presents the data supporting EPA's review of industrial dischargers.
- Preliminary 2005 Review of Prioritized Categories of Industrial Dischargers (PDF) (109 pp, 1.4 MB) This document supports EPA's 2005 review of industrial dischargers with effluent guidelines and focuses on eleven industrial sectors with the largest amounts of toxics pollution reported to EPA's national databases (TRI and PCS).
- Preliminary Engineering Report: Steam Electric Power Detailed Study (PDF) (80 pp, 651 K) This document presents an overview of the Steam Electric Power industrial sector and focuses on the wastewater discharges and related regulations.
- Preliminary Economic Profile: Steam Electric Detailed Study (PDF) (30 pp, 481 K) This profile compiles and analyzes economic and operational data for the electric power generating industry.
- Preliminary Report: Pulp, Paper, and Paperboard Detailed Study (PDF) (121 pp, 1.3 MB) This document presents an overview of the Pulp, Paper, and Paperboard industrial sector and focuses on the wastewater discharges and related regulations.
- Tobacco Products Processing (PDF) (8 pp, 218 K) This document presents an overview of the Tobacco Products industrial sector and focuses on the wastewater discharges and related regulations.
- Draft Toxic Weighting Factor Development in Support of CWA 304(m) Planning Process (PDF) (104 pp, 1 MB) This document summarizes the use and development of toxic weighting factors that are used in the effluent guidelines planning process.