Water: Water Laboratory Alliance (WLA)
WLA Training Center
Water Laboratory Alliance Basics:
What is it? | How do I Join? | How do I Access Lab Resources?
Response Plans and Other Useful Tools and Resources
- Association of Public Health Laboratories: Previously Recorded Webinar 935-13SS Efficient and Sustainable Laboratory Operations (Available until November 28, 2014)
- WLA Response Plan (WLA-RP) Training Module (Zip) (7MB)
For assistance with accessing the module, please review the Module Access Directions (PDF) (1 pg, 23K, About PDF)
- Handling Criminal Investigation Samples:
Maintaining Chain of Custody (Part 1) (Flash) (5MB) | (Part 2) (Flash) (10MB)
Methods and Technology
- Association of Public Health Laboratories: Previously Recorded Webinar 938-13SS Improvement to Method 1623 to Detect Cryptosporidium (Available until March 25, 2014)
- Automated Ultrafiltration (UF) Device Videos
- The training can also be viewed in its entirety:
UF Parts 1 - 6
Water Contaminant Information Tool (WCIT) Training
- Learn what WCIT is,
- Who can use WCIT, and
- How WCIT can be used to prepare for and respond to water contamination incidents.
Prerequisite: A WCIT account. Both new WCIT users and existing users needing a refresher are encouraged to take the course. Learn more about WCIT and apply for access.
Target Audience: Water utility operators or managers; laboratories; first responders; public information officers; and local, state, and federal agencies.
Dates and Times:
- Tuesday, July, 28, 2015, 11:00 AM-12:00 PM ET
- Tuesday, August, 11, 2015, 1:00 - 2:00 PM ET
- Wednesday, August, 26, 2015, 4:00 - 5:00 PM ET
- Tuesday, September, 15, 2015, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM ET
- Tuesday, September, 29, 2015, 1:00 - 2:00 PM ET
- Thursday, October, 15, 2015, 4:00 - 5:00 PM ET
- Thursday, October, 29, 2015, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM ET
- Thursday, November, 12, 2015, 1:00 - 2:00 PM ET
- Thursday, November, 24, 2015, 4:00 - 5:00 PM ET
- Thursday, December, 3, 2015, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM ET
- Wednesday, December, 16, 2015, 1:00 - 2:00 PM ET