Water: Water Laboratory Alliance (WLA)
WLA Training Center
Water Laboratory Alliance Basics:
What is it? | How do I Join? | How do I Access Lab Resources?
Response Plans and Other Useful Tools and Resources
- Association of Public Health Laboratories: Previously Recorded Webinar 935-13SS Efficient and Sustainable Laboratory Operations (Available until November 28, 2014)
- WLA Response Plan (WLA-RP) Training Module (Zip) (7MB)
For assistance with accessing the module, please review the Module Access Directions (PDF) (1 pg, 23K, About PDF)
- Handling Criminal Investigation Samples:
Maintaining Chain of Custody (Part 1) (Flash) (5MB) | (Part 2) (Flash) (10MB)
Methods and Technology
- Association of Public Health Laboratories: Previously Recorded Webinar 938-13SS Improvement to Method 1623 to Detect Cryptosporidium (Available until March 25, 2014)
- Automated Ultrafiltration (UF) Device Videos
- The training can also be viewed in its entirety:
UF Parts 1 - 6
The Continuity of Operations Plan Template is designed to provide useful recommendations in preparing for incidents that disrupt normal operations of drinking water and wastewater laboratories.Course Description:
It is imperative that laboratories be able to continue their essential core functions when incidents occur that disrupt their normal operation. To ensure continuation of these essential activities, laboratories should have an effective COOP in place.This webcast is designed as an introduction to the WLA COOP Template, and will cover:
- Rationale for developing the COOP Template
- A basic overview of the contents in the COOP Template
- Demonstration of how to use the COOP Template’s fillable form
- Highlight the value of the COOP Template
Target Audience: Laboratories
Date and Time: July 7, 2015 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM ET
Contact: For additional information on the WLA COOP Template webcasts, please contact the WLA Helpline at 703-461-2400, or email WLA@epa.gov.
Water Contaminant Information Tool (WCIT) Training
- Learn what WCIT is,
- Who can use WCIT, and
- How WCIT can be used to prepare for and respond to water contamination incidents.
Prerequisite: A WCIT account. Both new WCIT users and existing users needing a refresher are encouraged to take the course. Learn more about WCIT and apply for access.
Target Audience: Water utility operators or managers; laboratories; first responders; public information officers; and local, state, and federal agencies.
Dates and Times:
- Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 11:00 AM-12:00 PM ET
- Tuesday, July, 28, 2015, 11:00 AM-12:00 PM ET