Water: Green Infrastructure
Campus RainWorks Challenge
Download the competition brief (PDF) (15 pp, 392K, About PDF) for a complete description of the design challenge and instructions on how to compete.
- September 9, 2013 - Registration Opens
- November 1, 2013 - Registration Closes (extended from October 7)
- December 23, 2013 - Entries Due (extended from December 13)
- February 2014 - Site Design Winners Announced and Invitations to Apply for Simplified Grant Competition Issued (Subject to Availability of Funds)
- April 2014 - Master Plan Winners Announced
EPA will award a total of $6,000 in prizes to first and second place teams in the Master Plan and Site Design categories. Winning teams will earn a cash prize to be distributed evenly among student team members. First place teams will receive a prize of $2,000 and second place teams will receive a prize of $1,000.
Subject to the availabilityof funds and the nature and quality of the projects proposed, EPA hopes to invite selected colleges and universities in the Site Design category to compete for grant funding. Colleges and universities associated with the winners and honorable mentions in the Site Design category would be invited to apply for a simplified grant competition. Through this simplified grant competition, EPA hopes to award 2 to 4 schools $25,000 each to help carry out demonstration projects based on the student design submissions.