Water: Source Water Protection
Susceptibility Determination Tools Links
NOTICE: Links to non-EPA sites do not imply any official EPA endorsement of, or responsibility for, the opinions, ideas, data or products presented at those locations, or guarantee the validity of the information provided. Links to non-EPA servers are provided solely as a pointer to information on topics related to environmental protection that may be useful to EPA staff and the public.
- EPA's Geospatial Data Clearinghouse- Provides information about geospatial data available through EPA.
- EPA's OGWDW: Information Collection Rule - Data collected from approximately 300 large utilities and analyzed to study the risk/risk trade-off in disinfecting drinking water.
- EPA's Office of Prevention, Pesticides, and Toxic Substances (OPPTS): Integrated Risk Information System - Database of human health effects that may result from exposure to various substances found in the environment.
- EPA's Office of Prevention, Pesticides, and Toxic Substances (OPPTS): PRZM3 - This model includes capabilities for soil temperature simulation, volatilization and vapor phase transport in soils, irrigation simulation, and microbial transformation.
- EPA's Office of Prevention, Pesticides, and Toxic Substances (OPPTS): Pesticide Assessment Tool for Rating Investigations of Transport - This model provides rapid analyses of ground water vulnerability to pesticides on a regional, state, or local level.
- EPA's Office of Research and Development (ORD): Ecosystems Research Division, QUAL2K - This tool models the behavior of conventional pollutants in one-dimensional streams and well-mixed lakes under steady-state conditions.
- EPA's Office of Research and Development (ORD): Multimedia Exposure Assessment Model - This model is used for exposure assessment by simulating the movement of contaminants leaching from a waste disposal facility.
- EPA's Office of Wetlands, Oceans, and Watersheds (OWOW): Cornell Mixing Zone Expert System - Information from this site can be used for the analysis, prediction, and design of aqueous toxic or conventional pollutant discharges into diverse water bodies.
- U.S. Department of Defense: Army, Ground Water Monitoring System - This system models contaminant transport in ground water and the effectiveness of remediation systems.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Hazardous Substance Release/Health Effects Database - This database provides access to information on the release of hazardous substances and the effects releases have on the health of human populations.
- U.S. Department of the Interior: Geological Survey (USGS), Water Resources Application Software - Water resources application software for ground water, surface water, geochemical, general use, and statistics and graphics is available for download from this Web site.