Water: Check Up Program for Small Systems (CUPSS)
Training Events and Workshops
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
CUPSS Self-Paced Training
The CUPSS Self-Paced Training Series allow users to complete six online lessons—which include guided tutorials, videos, and quizzes—to aid their learning of asset management and the CUPSS software.
- CUPSS Self-Paced Training Flyer (PDF) (2 pp, 280K)
- Lesson 1
Asset Management 101(Requires Adobe Flash Player)
- Lesson 1: Asset Management 101 (PDF) (96 pp, 6MB) Explains the fundamentals of asset management and how a community can get started.This lesson discusses why assets should be managed and a brief introduction of how to manage them by using the CUPSS software.
- Lesson 2
Setting Up CUPSS (Requires Adobe Flash Player)
- Lesson 2: Setting Up CUPSS (PDF) (92 pp, 6MB) Shows how to download and set-up the CUPSS software. This lesson also includes information on the basic computer requirements for running CUPSS, how to log in and navigate the software, and how to obtain user help support.
- Lesson 3
My Inventory & My Asset Check Up Report (Requires Adobe Flash Player)
- Lesson 3: My Inventory & My Asset Check Up Report (PDF) (58 pp, 4MB) Introduces the My Inventory module and explains how to create an asset inventory and an asset schematic. This lesson also shows how to create a customized asset report through the My Asset Check Up Report.
- Lesson 4
My O&M and Search (Requires Adobe Flash Player)
- Lesson 4: My O&M and Search (PDF) (39 pp, 3MB) Introduces the My O&M module and shows how to enter operation and maintenance (O&M) tasks.This lesson also shows how the search features can be used to display and print reports of assets entered in the My Inventory module and tasks or work orders entered in the My O&M module.
- Lesson 5
My Finances & My Financial Check Up Report (Requires Adobe Flash Player)
- Lesson 5: My Finances & My Financial Check Up Report (PDF) (54 pp, 2MB) Introduces the My Finances module and shows how to enter annual financial budgeted and actual revenues and expenses.This lesson also shows how to develop a 10-year financial projection through the My Financial Check Up Report.
- Lesson 6
My CUPSS Plan (Requires Adobe Flash Player)
- Lesson 6: My CUPSS Plan (PDF) (86 pp, 6MB) Introduces the My CUPSS Plan module and shows the steps in developing a customized asset management plan. This lesson also introduces the CUPSS example system, Beauty View Acres, and will conclude by showing how systems can use their asset management plans to improve internal utility operations, outside communication with decision makers, as well as implementing the other initiatives expected of them.
Please note the self-paced training lessons are designed to parallel use of the CUPSS software. Pictures and inserts may not be clear but are meant to provide an image for reference when utilizing CUPSS for your system.
Getting Ready for CUPSS - for Trainers
Getting Ready for CUPPS - for Trainers (PowerPoint) (3MB) | PDF Version (55 pp, 3MB)
CUPSS, Train-the Trainer (PowerPoint) (7MB) | PDF Version (62 pp, 4MB)
CUPSS, Train-the-Trainer (PowerPoint) (4MB) | PDF Version (36 pp, 3MB)
CUPSS, Train-the-Trainer (PowerPoint) (10MB) | PDF Version (42 pp,3MB)
Advanced Asset Management Training
For a full list of advanced asset management training sessions, visit EPA's Office of Wastewater Management Asset Management Training Workshops page.
CUPSS Training Events
No events at this time
Listserv for Trainers
If you are a CUPSS trainer (or interested in becoming one), please sign up for the CUPSS trainer listserv to tap in to the dynamic network of CUPSS trainers across the nation. This forum is a place to share training challenges and successes and to find help from fellow trainers.
NOTE: A separate listserv is available for CUPSS users that provides information on software updates and upcoming training opportunities. If you downloaded the CUPSS application from this site, you were automatically added to this listserv. To register your CD copy of CUPSS and be added to the listserv, visit the CUPSS user registration page.