Water: Clean Water State Revolving Fund
Clean Water State Revolving Fund Performance
Clean Water Benefits Reporting System
The Clean Water Benefits Reporting (CBR) System collects project level information and anticipated environmental benefits associated with CWSRF projects. The system was implemented in 2005 as an optional means to collect project level data. Data entry was required for projects receiving American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds and became a program wide requirement on April 21, 2010. Data is entered at the state level and is available to both state and federal users. The data system can be used to generate a variety of reports detailing program performance.
CWSRF Reporting Summaries
EPA maintains reporting summaries detailing the number of loans, projects, and total assistance provided by states, based on the fiscal year (FY) time frame of July 1 through June 30. This timeframe is used by many states as the basis for their fiscal year. The cumulative summary details assistance provided since April 21, 2010, when CBR data entry became a program requirement. Fiscal year summaries detail yearly activity. CWSRF reporting summaries are updated on a quarterly basis, two weeks after the close of the quarter.
- Cumulative CWSRF Reporting Summary (PDF) (2pp, 16K)
- FY 12 CWSRF Reporting Summary (PDF) (2pp, 12K)
- FY 13 CWSRF Reporting Summary (PDF) (2pp, 43K)
Capitalization Grant Requirement Progress Reports
EPA maintains capitalization grant requirement progress reports detailing State progress toward meeting Green Project Reserve (GPR) and additional subsidization requirements. These requirements are associated with federal fiscal year (FFY) appropriations. Progress reports are updated on a quarterly basis, two weeks after the close of the quarter.
- FFY 10 Capitalization Grant Requirements Progress Report (PDF) (3pp, 24K)
- FFY 11 Capitalization Grant Requirements Progress Report (PDF) (3 pp, 16K)
Additional Subsidization Project List
- FFY 10 Additional Subsidization Project List (PDF) (21pp, 108K)
National Information Management System
The CWSRF National Information Management System (NIMS) produces annual reports that provide a record of progress and accountability for the program. The most recent reports on CWSRF activity are for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2011. Reports provide national, regional, and state-by-state information on the sources of funds available to the programs and the way these funds are used for a range of water quality protection projects. Sources of funds include federal capitalization grants, state matching funds, bond proceeds, fund investment earnings, and loan repayments. Uses of funds are shown for the type of assistance provided (loans, refinancing or purchasing local debt, loan guarantees, fund administration), size of the community served, and type of project funded (wastewater treatment, nonpoint source, or estuary).
The following CWSRF National Information Management System reports are available:
- National Summary of All Clean Water SRF Information (PDF) (46pp, 94K)
- FUND - Federal and State Investment
- FUND - Federal Capitalization Grants
- FUND - Federal Outlays
- FUND - State Contributions
- FUND - Funds Available for Projects
- FUND - Project Assistance Compared to Funds Available
- FUND - Financial Indicators
- FUND - Program Milestones Compared to Funds Available for Projects
- FUND - Program Milestones Compared to Assistance Provided to Projects
- PROJECT ASSISTANCE - Assistance Provided by Community Size
- PROJECT ASSISTANCE - Assistance to Hardship Communities
- PROJECT ASSISTANCE - Assistance for Wastewater, Nonpoint Sources and Estuaries
- PROJECT ASSISTANCE - Assistance by Wastewater Treatment Categories
- PROJECT ASSISTANCE - Assistance for Refinancing
- PROJECT ASSISTANCE - Loan Interest Rates (PDF) (2pp, 11K)
- PROJECT ASSISTANCE - Other State Loan and Grant Program Assistance (PDF) (2pp, 11K)
- PROJECT ASSISTANCE - EPA Hardship Grants Programs
NIMS Individual State Reports
NIMS State Agency Contacts
- List of Agency Contacts (PDF) (3pp, 15K)
- List of Agency Contacts, Directors and Addresses (PDF) (30pp, 53K)
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.